• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Putting the decals

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
what do you guy's think on putting on the decals. Would you put them on before waxing the body or will they work just as well after waxing. Thought I could clean the area where the decal goes with alcohol to clean the are. Would like to have put them on and cleared over them but was not sure if that would have been a good idea. Well any in put would be appreciated. Russ.

droptop

Reaction score
It’s just me but I wouldn’t put any type of wax on it until it is completely assembled and ready to leave the garage. You never know when you might have to fix a problem that comes from assembly. A little bit of wax in the paint booth can and will give you nightmares when trying to paint.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes that was my first thought's also. Yes know that wax or any silicon in the paint booth is a no no. Thanks for confirming this for me.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
:rofl:Ok Ronliv I got it wax on wax off. Just to say I feel like I have been beat up and drug through a knot hole back ward's. Sore all over after 4 day's of wet sanding then buffing the shell. That is why you don't see that many old car painter's. It is a young man's sport.

Back