• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Q5 with T5 (I think) Interior RR

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't even look at the code only basing my guess on the fact the non-decor pack cars I've seen will have that pattern interior, with black carpeting on the four speed cars. A IMO correct non-decor car will also have black buttons on the outside door handles, no trim on the posts, the door lock pulls will be near the end of the door, no tips, and standard belv steering wheel. Of course who knows some of it may had been them using up some left over 68 parts on the ultra cheap models and when they ran out then they got the 69 parts too. Anything could happen the A12 stuff I'm not as up on it would make sense that all A12's had tips as it would make them louder and maybe better flow than turn downs.

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
oh yeah and they didn't have rear arm rests and the front armrests aren't chrome plated, I'm sure I'm still forgetting some details, but I think the base runners are the coolest of them all and not seen that often, people often upgrade thier cars and I'm guilty of that too, but I like the coupes stripped.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
3BIRDS1X said:
oh yeah and they didn't have rear arm rests and the front armrests aren't chrome plated, I'm sure I'm still forgetting some details, but I think the base runners are the coolest of them all and not seen that often, people often upgrade thier cars and I'm guilty of that too, but I like the coupes stripped.

Same here on the stripper models...which is why I ultimately decided to buy the A12 that I did... Aside from the A12 package my car has only the tach and chrome exhaust tips; that's it. No radio, nada.

The only thing that comes to mind on the base post models that you missed is that the stainless trim above the door panels is painted, not polished. In the case of my car which has a B7 interior the color of the trim remains somewhat of a mystery to me...it doesn't exactly match the B7 on the door frame above...and I can't ascertain if they faded at different rates (maybe due to different metals?) or if they were different since day one. Something I'll try to figure out before initiating the resto...

You had previously mentioned the black carpeting on the 4-spd post cars...I was told by the previous owner of my car that there was a point in production that colors other than black became available...but what that is I don't know...and considering that my car was built in early June and came with the black carpet (it was still visibly black under the seat when I pulled what was left of it out...) this seems largely unsupported... He had purchased blue carpeting for the car before I bought it and I will probably go ahead and install it during the resto just because it will make the blue interior pop more, but it won't be technically correct for the car...

Ray

Back