• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Q5 with T5 (I think) Interior RR

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So John (mcmopar) and I were discussing color combos last Saturday night at the Old Town Cruise and I told him that I'd like to see a Q5 car with a bronze interior as I thought that this would be an interesting combination. He didn't think that this combo would be so hot. As neither of us had actually seen such an animal in person the discussion was purely hypothetical and neither of us could make or refute any real points. Well, lo and behold what do I find on e-bag today - but a Q5 / T5 (I'm guessing - the owner calls it "gold and tan" - maybe it's one of the other bronze colors - hard to tell...) '69 runner...and it's mostly ORIGINAL.... :thumbsup:

Okay guys, check this one out and tell us what you think...maybe even John will change his mind... :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plymouth ... sQ5fTrucks

:jester:
ACME

mcmopar

Reaction score
I still don't think I like it much. I'd much rather have a black interior with the Q5 exterior. Of course, I am prejudiced because my dad's (later my) road runner had the Q5/black interior combination.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting that it has the medium (Belvedere) trim level vinyl bench but has the upgraded non-taxicab wheel (like mine does)... Wonder if someone changed that along the way...? No rear arm rests either...

So you're digging your heels in, John? :lol: I think it looks pretty good. Anyone else?

Hey John - did Don get the hinge covers? Haven't heard anything...

ACME

mcmopar

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Interesting that it has the medium (Belvedere) trim level vinyl bench but has the upgraded non-taxicab wheel (like mine does)... Wonder if someone changed that along the way...? No rear arm rests either...

So you're digging your heels in, John? :lol: I think it looks pretty good. Anyone else?

ACME

mcmopar

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:

ACME

Yeah - afraid so. Q5 doesn't lend itself to the tan treatment IMO. :loco:

And yeah - Don got 'em. He's gonna drop you a "thank you" note. I thought I gave him your email address and/or phone number. In any event he did tell me to tell you "thanks!"
He said he'd be up for going to Old Town some more so we'll be cruising up there again. I don't go often - especially now that $$$ is tighter than a frog's butt.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I like it :thumbsup: too bad it didn't come on the market a couple years ago..... 4 speed post car.......mighta changed the whole BvG outlook...... :lmao: .

Jim S.

Reaction score
droptop said:
:puke: :puke: :puke:
Don't buy it, the door decal is too high!. Also didn't they only paint the posts body color in 68? I could live with Q5 and a tan interior. (when I didn't have a hangover). Well it looks like the VIN is intact. Maybe a special order. "Give me a tan interior, and I'll buy it!".........Jim

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd kill for that interior a non-decor package car, the steering wheel was upgraded by someone to a hardtop/deluxe one, the black carpeting is correct for the car, the exhaust tips were added, still I love seeing all standard interior cars espicially odd combos like that.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Jim S. said:
droptop said:
:puke: :puke: :puke:
Don't buy it, the door decal is too high!. Also didn't they only paint the posts body color in 68? I could live with Q5 and a tan interior. (when I didn't have a hangover). Well it looks like the VIN is intact. Maybe a special order. "Give me a tan interior, and I'll buy it!".........Jim
awwwwwww.........very good grasshopper.......... :lmao:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Jim S. said:
Also didn't they only paint the posts body color in 68?

Stainless trim on the posts was part of the A87 Road Runner Decor Group. Lots of '69 post cars were just painted...but many it seems picked up the stainless trim somewhere along the line...

ACME

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
3BIRDS1X said:
the exhaust tips were added

Were you able to enlarge the broadcast sheet to better read it or do you just assume this due to the absence of A87? I couldn't get it to enlarge to the point that I could really read it...although I didn't try to save it and really spend any time on it either though...

Ray

mcmopar

Reaction score
My dad's (later mine) '69 post car had the bright exhaust trumpets on it standard from the factory.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
My dad's (later mine) '69 post car had the bright exhaust trumpets on it standard from the factory.

A87 car or no?

Mine also has the chrome tips and no A87. There was a bit of a brewhaha over on the A12 site at one point due to an engineering bulletin that surfaced. It came down mandating A87 on RM21 A12s after a certain point. Didn't happen accross the board, as is the case with mine - VERY late build - and yet most of them seemed to get the exhaust tips anyway... Never say never with these cars...

Back