• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

QA1 struts.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Had noticed a bump noise when turning left or right. While having the radiator out grabbed the passenger side strut and felt it move. So retorqued the bolts on both struts and at 45-foot lb.'s got quite a bit of movement before the torque wrench clicked. Guess things do loosen up after installing some parts after putting some miles on the car. Also had a rattle sounded passenger side front. Found the fuel line coming through the cross member had a rattle when slapping it with my hand. So bought some green hose and tie raps and went about going from front to rear along the rocker panel where the clips hole the fuel line. Put small pieces of the green fuel line at different points and tie rapping them. Also noticed my A/C drain hose where I put a plastic fitting would make a noise tapping against the fuel line also. Got rid of it figured I did not need it. Just cannot tolerate a noise the car should not make.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Man, oh man. Thanks, a lot, buddy. Think I have them all tracked down, I hope. LOL. Thought my music had an extra beet on my Rolling stones CD. Like when it has a scratch on it. Take care V.R.D.

Back