Quality and availability of grille and headlamp bezels

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
It may be the pictures not showing it correctly, but the black looks to have more shine then it should. It's been a long time since I had a NOS grille or headlight door in my hands, but I remember them to be flat black. They kind of weathered into a semi gloss and of course there were variations in gloss even when new.

That may be the look you're going for... along with the non anodized aluminum finish. I don't know. Some like stuff to look correct and some like it shiny.

5.7 hemi

Reaction score
It's semi gloss with a clear over it. The pics were taken just after I unmasked it so the "shine" is still wet-ish. I looked at it this morning and it has "dulled out" some for the correct look. I did a grille/hl bezels for a member on FBBO and he wanted the correct look and said to used semi gloss.......needless to say when it was delivered, he was very happy with it.

5.7 hemi

Reaction score
Hopefully the dark argent will show up today so I can finish the grille/hl bezels.

droptop

Reaction score
Those look like Sport Satty/GTX bezels. Maybe it's just the angle of the camera.....looks like it has the extended part for the recessed grill. Notice the pics with the RR on the left and the GTX on the right. They are not interchangeable.

Bezels 03.jpg

Sorry guys, after a trip to the barn to look at the Road Runner and GTX grills, I have them backwards. The short side goes on the GTX and the long side goes on the Road Runner.

Bezels 03.jpg

Last edited:

5.7 hemi

Reaction score
I actually have a rr bezel that I use for reference.

Thanks for the compliment Budnicks.

Finished the grille this evening.....need to do a few touch-ups, but other than that, it turned out nice. Pics will post up tomorrow.

5.7 hemi

Reaction score
The semi gloss black looked FUGLY so I'm re-doing it. I want the next guy to be happy with it and I'm not, so back to sanding, lol!

5.7 hemi

Reaction score
The grille is completely done and ready to go, will post in the "for sale" section.

Back