• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quality time with my son

jays69bird

Reaction score
1187286_10151627039654022_1153055051_n.jpg
Got the bird out today,had my son driving,while he has taken short trips with me this is the first time he has drove for a long period of time.I'm passing the torch,someday soon this will be his car.He has known this car his entire life,he grew up with it.just thought I'd share it with you all.

1187286_10151627039654022_1153055051_n.jpg

chapdog105

Reaction score
That's awesome! Good for you. My dad gave me my convertible, and we all know it didn't look anything like yours.
There's nothing like owning your father's car. I will give mine to my son when he's older. I've got about 20 years to enjoy it, as he's only 5 now.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
View attachment 3938
Got the bird out today,had my son driving,while he has taken short trips with me this is the first time he has drove for a long period of time.I'm passing the torch,someday soon this will be his car.He has known this car his entire life,he grew up with it.just thought I'd share it with you all.

Don't forget me dad. Nice!

droptop

Reaction score
That's awesome. Neither one of my boys have any interest in cars other than getting from point a to point b.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that's great! neither of my girls care about the old cars. both will be on the bay with all the trains someday.

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Now that the way, start them off young working on the car with you. I am doing the same thing with my son. Every weekend he asks me what we are doing on the runner. One day it will be his so why not allow him to get his fingers greasy.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
why not! sure beats the snot outta them vegatating on the couch wearing their thumbs out!

droptop

Reaction score
That's cool my convertible was in the family too and I hope one day my boy wants it too.

100_0579.jpg

That's good stuff there. The only way I will ever get my boys interested in the
Road Runners is if someone makes a video game out of it.:lmao:

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
That picture where He thinks he is working the cherry picker is my favorite as I have a little story related. He was 3 almost 4 when that pic was taken, I had my Dad who is a car guy too, over at the house and my Dad wanted to check my progress on the car. The three of us were in the garage and I thought I would show off my boy's knowledge. I said tell Gramps what this is? I was expecting cherry picker as an answer but got hydraulic cylinder as an answer. Me and my Dad looked at each other and saw my hand was wrapped around the cylinder, I was wow I didn't teach him that. I then asked what the whole thing was and he said cherry picker. I asked how he knew that part was a cylinder and he said: it is just like a crane. He really was into construction equipment and construction equipment books at the time and knew all his crane parts and when quizzed knew all the cherry picker parts because of it. We both were very surprised, thus making this an extra cool picture to me.

Back