• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question for the experts

Roy Sinor

Reaction score
Have a question, bought a 69 Hemi 4 speed road runner new, it was a hardtop. How many were made? Can you break it down by color no stripes and air grabber hood. Just curious.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
234 Hemi 4 spd Road Runner hardtops (RM23) were built in 1969. No break down by color or stripes. Every one of them would have had the N96 (Air Grabber) hood.

Roy Sinor

Reaction score
Thank You, I am officially a 69 Hemi road runner owner again. Ordered one new in October of 1968, took delivery in Dec of 68 had to sell it in July of 69 because the fuel @.32 a gallon was making my fuel bill more than my monthly payment. Couldn’t afford the payment 47.00 and the fuel 53.00 and the upcoming third semester of tuition in college.

55 years later I’m back, just purchased my second RM23J original drive train vehicle. This car I had to buy as optioned couldn’t build a Time Machine to go back and re order a car.

Roy Sinor

Reaction score
I will post some pictures when I get it home, dropped it off for dry ice blasting between purchase location and my home. Be patient, happy to share when it gets here.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Equipped like mine but I have an AM/FM radio and no vinyl top. I don't think you could get wheel lip molding on a roadrunner but it looks good

Roy Sinor

Reaction score
Yea, I have heard that and not being the original owner I have no clue when they were added. With only 234 4 speed hardtops built and wanting bucket seats I decided I could not be to choosy about the other options or color. It had to be original drive train, either unrestored or a very respectable well known shop that completed the restoration. With those parameters the field narrowed quickly. Should have just kept my first one I bought new, but alas it was not in the cards. Thank You

Back