• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question....

V.R.D

Reaction score
back in the day these were every day cars and when you went on a vacation and have a pop up camper that is what you did.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Your so rite. Want to tow a trailer buy a pick-up truck. Or better yet get a motor home with a tow behind trailer and put the runner in it. Say, how much more you have to do on that runner. We all think it won't take me long to restore that car but, in the end, it takes more time than we even thought it would. Good luck and post those pics.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Ok but can we all agree that it's inappropriate and looks like shit?:):beep:
I wouldn't say so. Remember, when these cars were new, that's all they were, new cars for everyday transportation, and a street race or two thrown into the mix. I'd imagine that there were far more of these cars with hitches then you may think there were. In fact I know someone who has, IIRC, a '71 Road Runner with a hitch to tow his Chrysler boat to shows with.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
My red Charger has evidence of having a trailer hitch on it at one point in it's life. Someone removed it before I bought it. It mounted just like this one. Still has the holes in the frame and bumper. I have been trying to find another one.

images.jpeg

RKNRLR

Reaction score
big block, 4 speed, dana 60? made to tow!
If I could only afford to buy 1 car, It would be my Roadrunner with a tow hitch, not my pickup with a Roadrunner sticker.

Back