• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quick Help Needed ref A12 Hood

dobie

Reaction score
Hey guys..... So the DDL 9xxx number I found over on the parts is no longer a good paint code. I need a paint code for my 6bbl hood. It should be for the flat black lift off hoods originally on the A12 cars.

Thanks!

Jim S.

Reaction score
Yes that is the one. You can still get it (from Roger Gibson) but, just does not look the same probably because some of the ingredients are now outlawed or discontinued. PPG has replaced it with DCC9355 but, you have to doctor that paint also.

dobie

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Mac, the DDL9355 is what I gave my shop. They said it wasnt pulling up anything. I sent the sheet with my better half to the shop, so hopefully they can get it mixed with formula. I'll find out today for sure. Thanks so much!

They're cutting in today with the paint, and should be painting everything on Thursday. I wont be around however, as we're pulling out for Carlisle around 1000 Thursday.

zupanj

Reaction score
For what it's worth I just had my hood painted and the mixture is listed below.

PPG/Autocolor paint line

-PX8 Black
-P190-6100 Clearcoat w/ P565-554 Flatening Agent,(Matt Finish) w/P210-6285 Hardner

I don't know how authentic it is but it looks pretty good to me.

Back