• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quick muffler question

john88

Reaction score
Hey folks, another newbie here. I was thinking of those oldschool classy red mufflers, and could not recollect the name of the manufacturer. Who made those? You know, I've got a pic of a mid-60s muscle car in my head, with that red small muffler, what's the name for those? Not Glasspack. Thanks.

john88

Reaction score
Thanks, it is the name of Cherrybomb mufflers that I was trying to recollect. So Glasspack and Cherrybomb are the same, you're saying?
And that picture that Ranger posted is exactly what was on my mind when I was posting my question.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Thanks, it is the name of Cherrybomb mufflers that I was trying to recollect. So Glasspack and Cherrybomb are the same, you're saying?
And that picture that Ranger posted is exactly what was on my mind when I was posting my question.
Yes they are the same

john88

Reaction score
I feel like an idiot haha
But thanks for replying!

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I thought cherry bomb's lasted longer. Thrush seem to rust out quick. Thin metal like the cheap muffler's. Cherry was much better metal I think. Sounded real good when you run them for a while. Burns some of the glass out of them.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I thought cherry bomb's lasted longer. Thrush seem to rust out quick. Thin metal like the cheap muffler's. Cherry was much better metal I think. Sounded real good when you run them for a while. Burns some of the glass out of them.
What is this rust you speak of

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Bob I was just saying that the thrush muffler rotted out at end's and where the rap on the out side was welded together. Thrush mufflers seemed to be a cheaper muffler than cherry bombs. Found cheery bomb mufflers on inter web did not know they still made them. They where for sale on where Ebay.

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yep that is what I thought. The fact is had thrush on my car right hand rotted out at the back dropping the rest of the tail pipe down. It bent back under the rear end and put a dent in the back seat pan. So that is when I said would not buy another pair. Went back to cherry bomb. Take it easy Bob. Oh the Rust is about gone.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Ok guy's that is what a lot of guy's around home call me. You can call most any thing but late for supper or a cold beer and my pay check. :lol:

Coyote

Reaction score
You can ignore this post if you already have your cherry bombs. Summit Racing has “Wild Boar” glasspaks. I Picked up a pair for a Stupidbaker I’m assembling. Very affordable and huge selection available.

john88

Reaction score
I couldn't find the place to buy cherry bomb, you know, plenty have got their brand name yet the official site does not have any products listed (here we go - https://cherrybombusa.com/mufflers.html). I heared that there is no sense to buy fake glasspacks as they won't last long.
Summit Racing has “Wild Boar” glasspaks. I Picked up a pair for a Stupidbaker I’m assembling. Very affordable and huge selection available.
May I have the link to the muffler you've got? If you are saying it's good, I'll better pick the same as you've got. At least that's something that you've tried, as I do not want to rely on ads or something.

Back