• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

quick question about installing dr side TTI header

chargerbelgium

Reaction score
Hi there, I have installed the passenger side header without any problem but the drivers side won't fit. The installation procedures says to remove the dr side engine mount fastener and raise the engine 1 1/2 "

Can someone please point out which fastner they refer too? And is it only the front mount or rear mount too?
I install the headers from under the car, the RR is lifted on blocks on the 4 corners.

Hope to read a quick response so I can install the header today.
Thanks a lot! CB

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
The bolt they refer to is the bolt through the lower motor mount to the K frame.

The rear mount can stay in place as is. You should have enough movement in the right side mount, but loosening the bolt (same bolt, right side) isn't a bad idea and may stop the rubber from tearing.

While you are there... Take a good look at the mounts. The rubber deteriorates over the years.

chargerbelgium

Reaction score
OK, I took off the motor mount, well actually, the stud was broken so the engine on the drivers side wasn't attached to the mount. By lifting the engine the lower part just fell off... Also the rubber was deformed. Time to order new mounts.

I think I didn't raise the car high enough, I can't pass the rod (Z-bar) on the transmission.

Back