• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

quiet roller rockers

Ron

Reaction score
my engine builder just informed me that some roller rockers are noisy, this surprised me because i thought that building a roller motor it would be quiet, i am installing a comp cams hydraulic roller cam, comp cams dual springs, trick flow hydraulic roller lifters, i would like some help in selecting some quality and quiet rocker arms, the only thing i need to complete the build is the rocker shaft, rockers, and push rods, i went with eagle h beam connecting rods, srp pistons 10.5 to 1 comp. 440 source aluminum heads this a 440 motor build.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I run a set of Hughes Engines 1.6 roller rockers on mine. Once I dimpled the baffles in the valve covers for additional clearance, mine became extremely quiet... LOL

They will loan you a pushrod length checker so you can order correct length pushrods to go with their rockers too.

20200927_114828_resized.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The only reason I can think of would be due to valve lash which a hydraulic cam should not have

Back