• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Race car for a day

RoadRunnerJD

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
so how many runs did you get in and what did she turn??.....i know you had a blast :thumbsup:

I just made one shake down run and one good pass. No tuning or practice. I did change the plugs after the shake down because it was missing like a b___ch! The one good pass was a 12.80 with a .057 RT, 8.15 1/8th and my mph was a lowly 105.57 (it was starving on top end). Based on experience, I am positive that with some carb tweaking it will go 110 with what's in it. I posted previously about it but it's worth bragging about. I beat an SRT8 Challenger by .0018 seconds. He ran a faster 12.64 and 114 mph but couldn't catch the RoadRunner! The announcer said "Old school versus new school...and it's old school!" He got the "old" part right! :drive: :party:

moparchris

Reaction score
Thats great JD!! Both of those cars are stunning! I am curious though, what mph did it run in the 1/8?

RoadRunnerJD

Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Is that Bee a '383 car?

Yes but the motor is a stroked 400 (see the fender tags in previous photo on page 1) with some highly worked heads, a cast iron intake, an AVS, stock manifolds, 3.91 rear and redline tires. It has run 11.6's @ 117 without slicks.

JJRJR

Reaction score
A31PKG said:
Here's his tag pic...

MIR10-27-201211_zps2f148eb7.jpg

That's awesome. Good show. Would love to take mine to a track, if I can keep her running long enough. Never done it, so a bit intimidated.

John

moparmarcus

Reaction score
What part of N. Virgina? I just moved to Alexandria from Atlanta, GA last year and am yet to find a mopar community. What track is that? It doesn't look like MIR.

Back