• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiator Shop in SoCal needed

neodypsis

Reaction score
Just removed the radiator from the '69 and found that it is plugged with crud and in need of work.

Took it to a local shop and the gent said that he could not rod it as the core was pretty much shot, he does not know where to get a replacement.

Car is a 69 383 RR with auto and dealer installed "hang on" air cond. Radiator tank top is rounded and the core is 22" wide. Looks like the core may be thicker than stock and the unit has been rebuilt at least once as it has a tag on it from the shop. I could not find a part number on it anywhere, but maybe I just don't know where to look.

Anyone know a good source in SoCal to rebuild? I'm in Riverside County, but willing to drive to a competent shop.

I know I could replace this with a new aluminum unit which would probably be more efficient but I'd like to retain the original parts as much as possible.

Feel free to PM me if posting this information on the public forum somehow violates the rules.

Thanks in advance.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
If the tanks are good any decent shop can order a new core, I just had one done 3 months ago.

Back