• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

radiator support VIN stamping?

spoolinhard

Reaction score
There is NO vin stamping on the radiator support of my 69 runner. It is the origional support. Anyone ever heard of this? The trunk lip matches the dash tag.

bigmanjbmopar

Reaction score
Never heard of that, mine was under the coolant sticker on the right (drivers) side which I now need to replace :) Are you sure it's just not painted over?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could have gotten covered up w/ filler/primer/paint if the car was ever tagged in the nose and repaired. Like Mac suggested, check from underneath.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Mine is on the back side of the support a little closer to the radiator cap than the end of the tank just for reference. And yes Ray and Gary that is dust on the radiator.

DSCN4527 (Medium).JPG

spoolinhard

Reaction score
I really looked it over, will look again. It has factory spotwelds on it, it seems unlikely that it has been replaced.

moparchris

Reaction score
I had trouble finding the numbers on my Roadrunner. Like the guys said it was filled in with primer and paint. If you look real close they are there, sometimes they are in weird spots.

spoolinhard

Reaction score
Alright, I found them, they were under the coolant sticker. Never thought to look there!

Back