• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radio antenna

czmvh777

Reaction score
Can any body tell me what the hole location is for the antenna on a 1969 RR

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
czmvh777 said:
Can any body tell me what the hole location is for the antenna on a 1969 RR
there isnt a hole in the fender already???
can you go to the introduction section and tell us all about you and your bird and maybe post pics also :D

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Geez.. Seems like we should have this info somewhere.

If someone comes up with a diagram, we'll put it in our reference section.

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the antenna off on one of mine, it is 12.75 inches forward of the furthest back endpoint of the fender (3point corner of cowl,fender,hood) and 2.75 inches off the edge of the fender. it is 1.32 dia. with two round cutouts on each end inline with lengthwise of car the cutouts overall opening is 1.53 overall and are .13 wide. I took some pics and will try and post later today/tonight if I have time. My coupe has the bezel on it and it looks like it will measure the same too.

czmvh777

Reaction score
Thanks 3BIRDSIX I just purchase a reproduction anteena and the guy that sold me the antenna said it was only 7.25 from the back of the fender but the inward was 2.75 and he said that was off a RR fender. The hole in the fender from a aftermarket antenna is only 2.00 inward and 8.50 from back of fender and the hole size is only about 1.00 so I know that is wrong. So I know the 2.75 should be right but I am up in the air about the back of the fender foward.

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
I need to correct that it is 7.50 from the 3-body part point, (too early in the morning for me sorry) so 7.25 could be right if he is talking from the centerline of the whole to where it intersects the fender which would be a hard to define point on the arc. and to think I measure things for a living I don't know where the 12.75 came from.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
3BIRDS1X said:
and to think I measure things for a living I don't know where the 12.75 came from.

OK... That's got me curious, what do you do?

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
I run the second shift at a small plastics machining shop I do CNC programming, set-up, prototyping, inspections, maintenance and make sure production runs smooth, have easy nights and busy nights business is up and down weekly but end of the month is usually okay for us. Here's some photos

544.jpg

545.jpg

550.jpg

551.jpg

Back