• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radio experts?

mannye

Reaction score
My RR came equipped with an am/fm thumbwheel radio. A few years ago when things were MUCH better, I blew a whole bunch of happy ending massage money on a restorable example.

Now that I'm going to be sending off the steering wheel, I figured might as well do the radio too. BUT before I do it, I will post a pic on here to make sure I have the correct item and not some C body version. If I already got ripped off, I don't want to blow another 300 to 400 beans on restoring a worthless paperweight.

Pics to come!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that's what mine had in it when I got it(AM * Track) was gonna trade it to Tony D at the Nats a couple years ago for a set of seat belts. Tony took one look at it and said That's a C Body radio.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This guy seems to have the radio ID thing down pretty well...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-68- ... ccessories

Eventually the link will no longer work so I'll paste the important details here so we don't lose them:

"A body radios have a flat lens that will have a 1/4" gap between it and the dash bezel , brace stud on the bottom , and chrome push buttons.

C body radios have chrome push buttons , the brace stud usually on the wrong side , and the face is the wrong shape to fit a B dash.

The C body radio also has a slanted chrome bezel , usually with ' volume ' 'tone ' & ' tuning ' cast into it. It will not fit the B body dash bezel."

It also says that a correct B body radio will have black push buttons and the mounting brace stud is located on the right rear.

Hopefully this guy is right...

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I had Ward do mine, keep in mind they will not rechrome plastic so before you send it off look that over although very little of it shows.

Collin

Reaction score
i believe mine has volume and tone cast into it........greeaaaaaat

moparchris

Reaction score
So what your saying is that if it says "Pioneer" then I may have the wrong radio? Was a CD player optional on a 69? :lol:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
So what your saying is that if it says "Pioneer" then I may have the wrong radio? Was a CD player optional on a 69? :lol:

Sonys for the H & J coded cars... Had to use special Kenwoods for the M codes to combat the static interference issues created by the fiberglass hoods... All had CD/DVD/MP3 capability...and black buttons... :crazy:

:basketcase:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparchris said:

Sonys for the H & J coded cars... Had to use special Kenwoods for the M codes to combat the static interference issues created by the fiberglass hoods... All had CD/DVD/MP3 capability...and black buttons... :crazy:

The real rare ones had Delco's :lol:

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:
moparchris said:

The real rare ones had Delco's :lol:
dont put no GM parts in my car

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
mine has a crank handel that you hvae to turn by reaching thru the glove box......

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
mine has a crank handel that you hvae to turn by reaching thru the glove box......

That's F8 only. When you turn the crank handle the monkey bangs the cymbals together... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
dont put no GM parts in my car

Gonna have to get rid of the steering column then.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

That's F8 only. When you turn the crank handle the monkey bangs the cymbals together... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

you're more dependable than a Maytag.... :facepalm: :D

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

you're more dependable than a Maytag.... :facepalm: :D

I'm pleased that you find my endless attempts at humor somewhat entertaining... :lol:

I don't know if you saw in that other thread or not but I'll be headed your way again before too long...maybe you could take me to that joint with the signs on the wall...I'll bring the tools... :D

:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[

I'm pleased that you find my endless attempts at humor somewhat entertaining... :lol:

I don't know if you saw in that other thread or not but I'll be headed your way again before too long...maybe you could take me to that joint with the signs on the wall...I'll bring the tools... :D

yeah I saw that. maybe this time! signs on the wall..........on midnight this week so you'll hafta refresh me on that :huh:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
yeah I saw that. maybe this time! signs on the wall..........on midnight this week so you'll hafta refresh me on that :huh:

You had mentioned a place called "King's" that had a picture of a place called "The Metro" on the wall...with a bunch of Metros in the picture. I had joked that we were going there to steal the picture...

What I'd like to do is go to that drive-in you mentioned called "Jerry's Curb Service"...sounds like a fun place...with corndogs... :lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
OK, Kings, we'd hafta come up with a distraction so you could liberate the Metro pic. I don't think Jerry's has Corn Dogs, but maybe when they know it's you they'll make an exception.... :jester:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
I don't think Jerry's has Corn Dogs, but maybe when they know it's you they'll make an exception.... :jester:

I never shy away from a nice, big cheeseburger either... :D

moparchris

Reaction score
This forum is like a hemi with no steering wheel. You never know where it will end up when you let her go!

Back