• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rad's In

V269

Reaction score
Installed my new aluminum rad yesterday. Fit very good only had to enlarge the 2 bottom holes a little with a die grinder and she dropped right in. Fan had good clearance too. Bottom hose went back on ok but had to get a new upper hose do to a little different location. And because of the top location my rad shroud wont fit back on. No biggie. Filled it up today with coolant and distilled water and no leak's. Started the car up and let it idle for about 45 min to an hour in the garage and it never went over 170-180 deg. Could actually see the gauge go up and down when the thermostat opened and closed. Never seen that before with the old rad. Cooled down faster too. Also hooked up the new heater core and line's and tried the heater inside. WOW, does this puppy ever throw the heat out. I've had the car for almost 30 years and never had the heater working before because the old core had leak's in it. I didn't think I would like the shinny rad but it actually look's pretty good in there after everything is hooked back up. Now I can drive it in the winter. :jester: :lol: :lol:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
YEAH BUT THOSE TIRE CHAINS WILL TEAR UP THOSE QUARTERS WHEN THEY LET LOOSE........yeah show us some pics....most of my buddies dont run heaters...they weigh too much...horsepower loss....get a bigger motor i tell them......i can"t image not cruisin without a heater/defrost

mcmopar

Reaction score
...you could always paint it with some black radiator paint... :acme: :jester:

V269

Reaction score
Went to take some pics to post and can't find the damm camera. Must already be packed away for the trip to AZ. this weekend. Guess I'll have to take them when I get back. :huh:

joewhite440

Reaction score
Ken King said:
Went to take some pics to post and can't find the damm camera. Must already be packed away for the trip to AZ. this weekend. Guess I'll have to take them when I get back. :huh:

Sorry I may have missed it in another post.
What brand and part # Radiator are you using?
I still have to get one for my car!

a6t9vette

Reaction score
Do you recall what p/n champion radiator that is? Im was thinking about getting one of their 22" versions, but what's in your car looks different then the the pictures of the 26" or 22" versions that I have seen....

V269

Reaction score
joewhite440 said:
Ken King said:

Joe, it's a 22" Champion 3 row. Part # is CC1635. Made in California.

Ken.

V269

Reaction score
Ken King said:
joewhite440 said:
[quote="Ken King":2zl8ch3m]Went to take some pics to post and can't find the damm camera. Must already be packed away for the trip to AZ. this weekend. Guess I'll have to take them when I get back. :huh:

Ken.[/quote:2zl8ch3m]

PS, it was $261 Cdn. delivered from California to Watertown NY. Fedex.

joewhite440

Reaction score
Ken King said:
joewhite440 said:
[quote="Ken King":775u3wz5]Went to take some pics to post and can't find the damm camera. Must already be packed away for the trip to AZ. this weekend. Guess I'll have to take them when I get back. :huh:

Ken.[/quote:775u3wz5]

Thanks for the info.
Looks Great!!!
Joe

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
thats some radiator.... looks like it going to run cool....i wouldnt paint it....i think it would run hotter with paint.....you got a great price too :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

V269

Reaction score
droptop said:
That is one serious looking heat exchanger. Do they make a shroud to fit it?

Not sure if they do or not. I never asked seeing I had one but my top left center and their top left center was not the same place. I'm pretty sure they make shroud bracket kit's though. I don't know, look's to nice to start drilling holes to mount a shroud and don't want to take a chance on poking a hole in it. :leave:

George, yes you are right about putting any paint on it. I'm not going to and yes the price sure was right. It was worth a shot and it is well made. :yesnod:

V269

Reaction score
BBillyC said:
Fantastic....now that's something I need to do as I have some heat issues with my 26"

They had 26" rad's in stock and they were cheaper than my 22" because mine was a special order and are not as popular he said. It's a place called Lead Foot Racing. They sell for Champion. I believe they are in Anahiem. He will ship to your door but I had mine sent to a fellow I know in Watertown to keep the shipping fee down some. $ 29.95 US coast to coast.
:thumbsup:

Back