• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rawone Intro

Rawone

Reaction score
Just Scored a Barn find 1969 RR. The car has been repainted with several colors included....I plan on repainting it tho. Vin checks out, but no fender tag. Hoping it has a broadcast sheet. I am hoping to see what the origional color and option list was. Is it possible to trace this through the vin? I am sure I will need a few parts also, such as a console etc. Other than that the interior looks great. Has a 440hp but missing the carb.
Thanks, Scott

inri

Reaction score
Welcome Rawone!

Nice job scoring a barn find '69 RR, The car of the Year. What else does your car have, 4 speed or auto, dana or 8 3/4, etc.
Post up some pics of the car.

Rawone

Reaction score
Waiting on title to come back...Will post Pics soon as I can. Car had been sitting in a steel building on a concrete floor for 13 years, No rust and very solid. Car came from factory with a 383 hp. It currently has a 69 440hp, 727 auto, 8 3/4 with 3.91 ratio. Factory A/C..but a/c unit has been removed from engine. Six pack lift off hood. Built in St.Louis Someone had stolen the carb..but I plan on rebuilding the engine if needed. I have and additional 69 hp block, and a 1969 440 6 pack block, rods and crank from a super bee. I also have a later model 440 engine and trans complete. I plan on keeping this car as a daily driver, weekend cruiser so I don't wish to go too radical. It will be a project for my Wife and I. I would like to eventually put a 6 pack on it though....you know to help with the fuel milage since it mainly runs off the center carb...(Wink, Wink)

Rawone

Reaction score
Thank you for welcoming me. Droptop, I am origionally from Illinois..just south of Chicago.burrrr . Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Michigan.

Looks like late 69 or early 70's paint work.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome from Ohio. Congrats on your barn find! sure be easy to spot that in the parking lot!
no color off the vin, you'll need to find the fender tag, or broadcast sheet. Look under the weatherstripping, or in the trunk. should be able to spot the original color.

Rawone

Reaction score
Not a big fan of the paint job either...and it will be addressed eventually. I will be making a list and starting to address the issues I come accross. I am torn between completely stock, or a few mild upgrades like wheels headers n such. It doesn't have the fender tag and also has an aftermarket shifter. Either way it will be a Sweet car and a pleasure to work on. I like all Muscle Cars, but I have always been a Mopar Man. In time I may need a tip or two or info. It is Truely Great to see the Beauty and quality of Cars on this site, especially seeing the build pics. Thank you all for saying Hello, this looks like a Great Site with Great People!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
around ere, we go by "your car, your $$, do it to make you happy" I like Day Two. Cragars,headers,etc.
as far as tips, great bunch of guys here, and plenty of know how.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! :cheers:

Personally I love the paint job - very much a period statement. They don't do 'em like that anymore. :D

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! :cheers:

Personally I love the paint job - very much a period statement. They don't do 'em like that anymore. :D

Ivy would look great painted like that.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Back