• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ray - Did you get a new car?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw that and made the same connection too! I was going to post it as well but you hole-shotted me!!! :lol:

Must be something about Texas Plymouths... :lmao:

:jester:

solid gold

Reaction score
It was a Mercury Cougar! No wonder it crashed! Just a Ford! No big deal! No big loss! :drive: Relax and enjoy your Holiday! :yesnod:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Read it again. 4th paragraph says its a Plymouth Barracuda...
I think it also said it was later identified as a Cougar, and it sure looked like that what was on the rollback.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
mcmopar said:
Read it again. 4th paragraph says its a Plymouth Barracuda...
I think it also said it was later identified as a Cougar, and it sure looked like that what was on the rollback.

Definitely a early seventies Cougar...but none of that info was available when John first posted this.

About 10 years ago Mrs. ACME came home one evening and announced that she had spotted "a 'Cuda for sale". I asked where it was and she gave me the approximate location. I went by there the next day, but couldn't find it. When I queried her again, she said I was out of my mind as she had just seen it again on her way home. Frustrated, I dragged her off to go see the 'Cuda. As we approached the area where the "'Cuda" was alledged to be sitting, she barked out "See, right there it is!" So I pulled up into the driveway so she could get a better look at the 1970 Cougar XR7 that she wanted me to buy... Cougars are forever after referred to as "Mercury 'Cudas" around our house... :basketcase: She is none too happy when I use the phrase "Mercury 'Cuda" I might add... :lol:

:jester:

mcmopar

Reaction score
Ah - so right Ray. I was going by what the article said and didn't see a pic. That will teach me to trust the press! Cuda, Cougar - what's the diff, it all sounds the same, right? :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

mannye

Reaction score
Jeez! If they can't even get their facts straight on a make and model of car, imagine what else they are getting wrong!

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
mannye said:
Jeez! If they can't even get their facts straight on a make and model of car, imagine what else they are getting wrong!

that thought had also occurred to me... :leave:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
mannye said:

Like the Dodge Roadrunner that burnt???

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Big John said:
[quote="ACME A12":1c0e0o8d]
mannye said:

Like the Dodge Roadrunner that burnt???[/quote:1c0e0o8d]

I was thinking more along the lines of global and domestic political and economic events...

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
mannye said:

that's like anytime a WWll bomber is in the area. the local news says it's the original plane, evn though I've got books saying the original was shot down or scraped.
and I'd rather have the mrs tell me about a Mercury Cuda, and go ceck it out, then not say anything. When I got my first '69 runner, a buddy had stopped by and told me about it. Before i had achance to go find it, the Mrs went and found it, and was all excited for us to go look at it.

Back