• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Re-installing the fender tag

nicanor

Reaction score
When I received my new fender tag I installed it so that you can read the letters and numbers from the side of the car. I was told that you should be able to read them from in front of the car. Which is correct? Also, was the fender tag mounted with screws or rivets? Is the fender tag painted the same color as the car?

Thanks,
Barry

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
You should be able to look at it from the drivers fender and read it .

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
nicanor said:
When I received my new fender tag I installed it so that you can read the letters and numbers from the side of the car. I was told that you should be able to read them from in front of the car. Which is correct? Also, was the fender tag mounted with screws or rivets? Is the fender tag painted the same color as the car?

Thanks,
Barry

1) Side of the car.
2) Phillips head screws.
3) This question can incite a riot amongst the resto-detail-sticklers and there is no 100% correct answer. Yours is a LR car. Sometimes they were painted, sometimes they were slightly dusted with color, and sometimes they had no paint at all. Some were attached with one screw and then bent upward so that area of the inner fender would get color underneath, and some were hung inside the car getting varying degrees of color. In short, do whatever you want with it; no one can say it is right or wrong. :cents:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Are the holes on the inner fender covered up that it screws into?

nicanor

Reaction score
No, the fender tag is installed with two phillips head screws facing outward to the side of the car. So a little paint and I should be fine?

Thanks,
Barry

moparstuart

Reaction score
nicanor said:

Thanks,
Barry

P9180044fgtfrdc.JPG

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
My car had one screw painted and one screw natural.

The painted one was on the corner that was bent up when car was painted and the plain one when they bent tag back down and put the screw in.

Now the tag has two plain screws holding it down :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I did mine the way I found it No bend, painted with plain screws.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
...like I said...you'll find them several different ways from the factory... :yesnod:

A31PKG

Reaction score
FWIW, I've never seen a bent LR tag.....there's that word again..... :facepalm:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
A31PKG said:
FWIW, I've never seen a bent LR tag.....there's that word again..... :facepalm:

The left screw facing the front was in and the tag is pulled up enough putting a bend/crease across the tag.

This was done to get paint under the tag/fender then pushed back down and the plain screw now attached to tag.

Not only was this done to my Runner but two out of the five A-body cars I have had.

A31PKG

Reaction score
Is yours a LR car Bill? I have not seen a LR tag that was ever bent from the factory....St Louis & LA, yes, but not a LR. Of course I'm sure there's one out there though.............

A31PKG

Reaction score
That's what I thought! :yesnod:

If anyone has a pic of a bent Lynch Rd tag it would be interesting to see... :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
A31PKG said:
That's what I thought! :yesnod:

If anyone has a pic of a bent Lynch Rd tag it would be interesting to see... :thumbsup:

Head over to the LOH Playground and do a search, Craig. You'll only find a gazillion examples.

A31PKG

Reaction score
I looked at a couple posts, unbent seems to be the norm. I'm also going on what I've personally observed over the years. Usually, LR tags were stamped, inspected and installed....no removal of a screw for re-stamping. I'm not saying they didn't get bent, just that I've not seen one. Perhaps an assy line worker forgot to ad an inspection mark to an already installed tag....that would explain a bend. I'm sure it happened from time to time.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Mine had a bent spot in it.... So me being me.... I took it off and straightened it out. Probably someone will call it fake now.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Big John said:
Mine had a bent spot in it.... So me being me.... I took it off and straightened it out. Probably someone will call it fake now.

I heard that the guy that is hoarding all of the Chrysler Historical Records in his garage has a Q5 A12 with a fake FT... :pot:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:jester:

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Big John":2e7hj6n2]Mine had a bent spot in it.... So me being me.... I took it off and straightened it out. Probably someone will call it fake now.

I heard that the guy that is hoarding all of the Chrysler Historical Records in his garage has a Q5 A12 with a fake FT... :pot:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:jester:[/quote:2e7hj6n2]
your not suppost to poke the bear
:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

Back