• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rear carb dumping fuel

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I went out for a ride yesterday and noticed a really rough idle. When I got home I pulled the air cleaner off and noticed that the rear carb (6bbl) was dumping fuel. Is it a stuck float? Any suggestions?

moparchris

Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
Hey guys,
I went out for a ride yesterday and noticed a really rough idle. When I got home I pulled the air cleaner off and noticed that the rear carb (6bbl) was dumping fuel. Is it a stuck float? Any suggestions?

I forget, but I think you have a Sixpack with the factory Holleys. I have been running into this lately with my Sixpack Bee. What happens is a piece of dirt will stick in the neoprene seal in the needle and seat assembly. You can deal with it in one of two ways. First is to lightly tap on the adjustment screw for the needle and seat assembly (the one that has a large flat head screw and a 5/8 nut underneath) to dislodge the dirt, which is the cure to get it home when your out in the middle of nowhere and having trouble. The second and proper thing to do is to remove the needle and seat assembly by loosening the large flat head screw and backing it out with the 5/8 nut. Once its out then either replace it or clean it and reinstall. The thing that usually causes this is dirt in the fuel system. You need to find the source of the dirt, or more likely rust, or you will continue to have trouble. If your fuel system is all new, like mine is, then inspect the fuel filler neck. That was the source of my filth, everytime I filled up I washed some new rust into my brand new fuel system and even my factory fuel filter didnt catch. Good luck.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Hey, I actually helped someone! :banana: There is some hope for me. :facepalm:
That's amazing :lol: Your like the shell answer man lately, Oh your probably to young to remember those commercials :jester:

moparchris

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
moparchris said:
Hey, I actually helped someone! :banana: There is some hope for me. :facepalm:
That's amazing :lol: Your like the shell answer man lately, Oh your probably to young to remember those commercials :jester:

Thanks for the vote there, but I am old enough to remember. I also remember Murph. :lmao:

Back