• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear end chunk

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
IMG_0101 (2).JPG IMG_0102 (2).JPG IMG_0103 (1).JPG IMG_0104.JPG Well after a few day's got the 741 chunk done. New ring and pinion. Set preload on pinion and back lash on ring gear. Blasted all part's clean. Then gave it a shot of epoxy primer then toped that with a clear coat. It will probably scratch up but it look's good rite now. Going to give it a few day's before putting it back together. Still have to do the backing plates and install the axel bearing's and seals. :usflag:Here is a few pic's. Shine !!!!!:lol:

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thanks dmartin it is getting their. Ordered my door panels and that took a chunk from the budget. So have plenty of other things to do. October is getting close set paint date for that time. May make this one. :lol:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Still too busy putting bed liner on the bottom and inside the car. But did take time out to work on this rear end. All the part's sitting in a box worried me. It is the rust thing it is a bad thing to let part's sit around with all the moisture in the air. So now it is all oiled and in a bag. By the end of the week should have it all together. I would share some other rear end's pic's but this is suppose to be a clean site. :rofl:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
The only green on this car is the money spent restoring it. Or if I do a burn out on you lawn and get grass on the lower rear quarter's. :lol:

dmartin

Reaction score
There’s only a few things that are supposed to be green grass mold and money sorry basket case you don’t have the right color for your car

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
Nice progress on the rear end Russ. Keep up the good work.
That is pretty heavy for your back ache no?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
After two week's of working on the rear end just about to put it together. Yep blasting , sanding, cleaning and painted. After 50 years it take a while to get every thing done. I used a brake drum for support so the bolts would have something to set in and bent the drum. Bummer!! well got to order new ones any way. Coming from summit and it is a Bendix type drum. Hope to start some assembling tomorrow. At least the bearing's and every thing is done on the axels. Itching to see how the green bearing thing works out. Russ. :thumbsup2:

Back