1. Ryan Hazelwood

Ryan Hazelwood Rookie

Nov 18, 2019
    It is possible to change the rear end ratio. Believe currently it has 2.76. Would like to change to something for better take off like 3.55. Any Ideas?

2. quikbird

quikbird Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2014
    there are several companies that make what you need. this is not a super difficult job but does require some knowledge.
    randys ring and pinion, DTS, are a couple companies that have the parts you would need

Russ69Runner likes this.
  3. 69hemibeep

69hemibeep Sponge Bob Square Wheels

Sep 10, 2008
    Yes it can be done. A 3.55 will make going down the highway a bit more of a challenge on the motor you can google up an RPM calculator to look at the changes.

Russ69Runner likes this.
  4. Ryan Hazelwood

Ryan Hazelwood Rookie

Nov 18, 2019
    awesome thanks for the insight

Russ69Runner likes this.
  5. RKNRLR

RKNRLR Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2017
    got a mate with 2:76 set up in a 70 charger. He's got a pretty tough motor - full solid roller setup, revs to 6500rpm, but the car still feels like a slug with that final gear ratio. I had 3:55's in my runner, and when he took it for a spin, he couldnt believe how much quicker mine would get to the redline than his (hydraulic flat tappet setup for me).
    I recently swapped them out for 4:10's and I love em. That being said, it is getting difficult to leave anybody's house without leaving the old 2 line signature.

Russ69Runner likes this.