Rear Glass

w8kbrder

Reaction score
How difficult is it to find the rear glass for our birds? My '69 had it's rear window broken out. I'm looking for a used or new...depending on the price. What do these run and where the heck can I find one....if I can find one at all?

chapdog105

Reaction score
I think AMD repops all the glass, except for convertible door and quarter glass.

I bought one of their windshields for my vert...but haven't had it installed yet. I'm on the 5 year restoration plan...

csuk9

Reaction score
I buy all my glass from a company called Safelite auto glass and repair. I don't know if there just State of California, National or international.

Just my two bits! Good luck

Sorry for the brevity... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

droptop

Reaction score
chapdog105 said:
.................... I'm on the 5 year restoration plan...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Do you need a clear or tinted glass?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
see them pretty often on moparts, ebay,FBBO. $50 and what is that guy smokin.. :huh:

dobie

Reaction score
My windshield came from the local glass company. The rear window however wasnt being reproduced at the time. My original was pretty bad with deep scratches and fogging all around. About three years ago I found a decent used one in Carlisle. I paid $100 and I was fairly happy. Others I'd seen weren't that nice, and/or were more money. Mine does have a bit of fogging, but its not near as bad. No scratches though, or at the least very minor ones.

The new AMD glass is listed at $400.00. For my car, the $100 used piece was just fine.

:cheers:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
I have seen guys post about AMD glass as not being the same thickness as the oringnal's.

I know it was in the windshield and side glass.

Believe they said it was being made in Africa??

Just my :cents:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I used their clear windshield and it was as thick or thicker than the original, it was hard to install. The rear doesn't use a gasket so it would be much easier.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I used their clear windshield and it was as thick or thicker than the original, it was hard to install. The rear doesn't use a gasket so it would be much easier.

Maybe that's what it was?

I'm old and can't remember that well anymore :lol:

droptop

Reaction score
AMD glass is good as long as it is clear. The tinted looks like crap. :cents: and that gets back to my question do you need clear of tinted glass?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
abodybill said:
69hemibeep said:

Maybe that's what it was?

I'm old and can't remember that well anymore :lol:
Pitiful just pitiful :jester:

w8kbrder

Reaction score
My RR is going to be a driver and I plan on driving the crap out of it. With that said, I'd be fine paying $100 for a used rear glass. So if anyone has a good source for a fairly inexpensive back glass and passenger side door window (post car), I'd love to know.

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
just sold my extra back glass on tuesday fo 50.00!
only if you were closer it would have been yours

dobie

Reaction score
I'd look around at the major car shows, if you go. Carlisle usually has the better prices, and the vendors are pretty good with dealing. The Nats aren't as good IMO, but there has been a few things Ive bought there over the years that I hadn't found at Carlisle.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
my experence at The Nats is if you find your part with a high price, walk some more and you almost always find a better deal.

Back