• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Seat Back

joewhite440

Reaction score
What Am I doing wrong. I had Legendary covers put on my seats. When installing the Back Section of the Rear seat. I hung the seat on the 2 Loop Hangers. The 2 Loops on the bottom are above the little Metal Plates that stick out and bend over them. Maybe the wrong Seatback? Or do you have to put that much pressure on the top to get it down over them. Are 68-70 the same Plymouth and Dodge on the Rear seat?

All Help appreciated!!!

droptop

Reaction score
How about a pic of what kind of problem you are having. Hard to follow what you are describing. Plymouth and Dodge back seats are the same with the exception of the covers.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
in 30 years I've never bothered with the lower ones.

bobbyb

Reaction score
Make sure your seat back is down all the way, it could be just laying on top of the hooks. Also if your seat back isn't reaching the plates and you install the seat bottom there will be a gap. If you you look at the top of your seat thats up against the package tray it should be sticking up about a 1/4in, I believe anymore than that then you might need to push the seatback down more. Hope this helps, somebody else might chime in with a better idea.

joewhite440

Reaction score
That is the problem
When I put it on the Top Hooks The Seat Frame Loops stop above the 2 Tabs that they need to go overThe Frames had covers on them and were in nice shape no rust etc but I know they were not original to my car because of the covers.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Joe:

Clearly you are in over your head. We are going to have to confiscate the vehicle to save it from any further abuse or neglect. I'll send a transporter to come pick it up... :basketcase:

:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
no sweat Ray, I'm just over a half hour from Joe. I'll swing by and pick it up when we get back from the wedding......n

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
no sweat Ray, I'm just over a half hour from Joe. I'll swing by and pick it up when we get back from the wedding......n

Well, that's a start. I suppose you can provide a foster home on a temporary basis...until your paint guy starts slinging F8 all over the place. Then we'll have to move Joe's car to a more appropriate environment... :basketcase:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
you bet, and I'll have that Hemi broke in before I take it back........:cheers:

joewhite440

Reaction score
I went over my sons and checked his 68 the metal tabs on his are at least an inch higher than my 69. My seat has to to be out of a 68
I checked the numbers and they are 2858275 and 2858370 on the tags
I guess best thing to do would be move the metal tap or just not hook them like Basketcase said.
Only issue I have with that is when you stick the bottom in it pushes the back up because everything is new!
Thanks for the help!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
thats odd, I've know guys that have swapped seats between '68-70 with no issues.

joewhite440

Reaction score
But did they hook the bottom loops in. The seat frames are the same besides that. I went out and checked my sons 70 Superbee it is a total project also he has had for 11 years.
The tabs are the same as on my RR. But his seat back loops are 1.5 inches longer.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that I don't remember. My first '69 I had I put the back seat from a '70 GTX, but I know I didn't bother with the bottom loops.

joewhite440

Reaction score
Thanks for the help!
I have not driven it much but it sure feels good when I do !!
Have you had yours out much Dave?

quikbird

Reaction score
Dave, We wouldn't want you to be too overstressed by this. I could be there in a couple hours to help with a little test and tune on that hemi. :wink-new:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah I've had mine out a good bit Joe. was really hoping to have it painted for the Nats, but I drove it there in primer and had a blast.

red 69 runner

Reaction score
I have the same problem with mine,I wonder if the seat back from a 4 door car might be taller than a 2 door,I dont know if my rear seat is original to the car or not,are 4 door rear seats differant?

Back