• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rear tires

vratman

Reaction score
hi need some help I have a 68 roadrunner I want to know what is the fattest tire I can put in the back with out tubbing and the back spacing any help please

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hello it look's like 10 inch wide is about all you can stuff in the tub area with out putting mini tubs in. I have a 69 two post and was asking the same question's. Look's like 4.5 back set on rim's. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. Hope this will help. Russ.:beep:

69RNR

Reaction score
Great question! I was wondering the same thing about my 69! I have P295/50 R15's that were purchased with the car and they hang out of the fender wells. Can I just buy new tires or do I need new tires and rims for the back. I like the wheels, I just don't care for the stance. Sorry to piggy back off your post, I just thought if someone knew if it was the same for the 68 and 69? Pete

Goon

Reaction score
As Monk said. I have Mickey Thompson Drag Radials on my 69 RR.
295/65R15 on 8" wide rims with 4 1/2" back spacing
30.1" tall
11.8" wide---These tires hook up awesome, straight as an arrow off the line.
I do have SS springs also. Car sits a little high. Wanted to lower RPM's. I'm saving(never happens) for a Gear Venders over/under drive, then I'll get shorter tires again.

Back