• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear window trim

Big Mo

Reaction score
Anyone have trouble with the rear window trim corners (bottom) sticking up. I had it put in buy a professional shop and he said that they were twisted and he could not tweak it anymore or it would have kinked. He told me that he has already had them like that and the only way to keep them down was to put silicon caulk in under them tape it down and let it dry. Any of you ever had this problem or have any info on this. Also the joints are up a little but I can live with it if I have to. Thanks from Big Mo.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
I have one corner that pops up from time to time. Hardly anyone notices it, but I do. I haven’t messed with it yet as I can push it down and it stays for a short time. I’ve heard the same about silicon, but don’t want to just shoot a gob of it in there.

Big Mo

Reaction score
I have one corner that pops up from time to time. Hardly anyone notices it, but I do. I haven’t messed with it yet as I can push it down and it stays for a short time. I’ve heard the same about silicon, but don’t want to just shoot a gob of it in there.
I hear that after market does not fit very good also and to try used it could be like what I have. Big Mo.

Big Mo

Reaction score
That worked for me.
Hi Ranger, I guess what I want to know is how much do you shoot in and how did you hold the trim down until the silicon dried? My trim looks good not dented or scratched just stretched. Thanks from Big Mo.

Ranger

Reaction score
I guess "how much" depends on how much it is sticking up. I'd say just enough to see a little squeeze out. Then you know you have good contact. Mine was sticking up just a bit so it did not take but one or maybe two pieces of tape to hold it down.

Big Mo

Reaction score
I guess "how much" depends on how much it is sticking up. I'd say just enough to see a little squeeze out. Then you know you have good contact. Mine was sticking up just a bit so it did not take but one or maybe two pieces of tape to hold it down.
This will not hurt the clear coat putting tape on it. Big Mo.

Big Mo

Reaction score
Thanks Ranger this is what I am going to do. Big Mo.

Big Mo

Reaction score
Not sure if that is a question or a statement, but it didn't hurt mine.
Sorry Ranger I did not state that very well. Yes I was wondering if the tape would hurt the clear coat. Thanks for the post. Big Mo.

Back