• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

received my fender tag back pic a couple of posts down

nicanor

Reaction score
In less then a week of sending my info to Datatags, I already have the finished product back. Trying to get ready for a show April 1st, so the timing is great.

Thanks for the lead,
Barry

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Re: Already received my fender tag back

nicanor said:
In less then a week of sending my info to Datatags, I already have the finished product back. Trying to get ready for a show April 1st, so the timing is great.

Thanks for the lead,
Barry
How does it look :popcorn:

nicanor

Reaction score
Re: Already received my fender tag back

This is the copy of the fender tag. What do you think and what does it mean?

fendertag.jpg

Thanks,
Barry

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Re: received my fender tag back pic a couple of posts downo

Not bad. Here is my tag to compare

road runner 896 (Medium).jpg

A31PKG

Reaction score
Looks like the "593" is wrong. From what I've seen from your posts, you have an axle package car. The choices are:

591 - 3:55 8 3/4 sure-grip with 10" rear drums and front discs
594 - 3:55 8 3/4 sure-grip with 11" front & rear drums
642 - 3:91 8 3/4 sure-grip with 10" rear drums and front discs
643 - 3:91 8 3/4 sure-grip with 11" front & rear drums

Is your rear original? Does it have the ratio tag? Did your car come with front discs?

EDIT: Guess you can rule out "591" & "642" since all 'Runners came with 11" brakes.

EDIT #2: Oops.... Used the word "all".... 11" drum brakes were standard equipment. If equipped with front discs, then the rear drums were 10". Sorry.....

nicanor

Reaction score
What does the 593 indicate? I'll check to see if there is a ratio tag. No the car did not come with front disc brakes but I did install them recently.

Thanks,
Barry

A31PKG

Reaction score
nicanor said:
What does the 593 indicate? I'll check to see if there is a ratio tag. No the car did not come with front disc brakes but I did install them recently.

Thanks,
Barry

"593" is a 3:23 single track rear. It is a non-sure-grip unit and is sometimes referred to as a "peg-leg". The only way your car would have come with that axle code and the "26" for 26" radiator, is if it came with A/C. As I recall from past posts, your firewall did not have the provisions for A/C. Therefore, one could conclude that your's was an axle package car, and thus could not have had the "593" axle code. I suppose your firewall could have been replaced or patched...anything's possible....

We're getting into the realms of "never say never" here, but that's the jist of it.........

:thumbsup:

Back