• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reintroducing myself!

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I've been off the site for going on 2 years now. Life threw me some curve balls and I had to get rid of my 68RR. I've spent the last two years getting myself back on my feet after prolonged divorce, but now life is good again and I'm back on the prowl for a new bird. I'll be at Carlisle this weekend and hope to find some cool cars and cooler people.

Brandon

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome back. As a fellow member of the divorce club for men, I fully understand where you're coming from...

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
good to see you back Brandon. any chance you could get your old car back? hope you find another soon, and don't be a stranger!

Coyote

Reaction score
Bingo! Divorce is NOT fun (been there, done that, got the "T" shirt, hat, and belt buckle)! I've joined since you went "inactive". Welcome back! Good Luck in Carlisle!

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
good to see you back Brandon. any chance you could get your old car back? hope you find another soon, and don't be a stranger!

Hey Dave, Not a chance I'm getting the old bird back. I had to sell it and the guy decided to strip it it and make a drag car. I hate that's the fate it suffered but at least someones enjoying it.

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
Anyone else gonna be at the nationals? Can't wait to get there and see some awesome cars. It'll be the first show I've made it to since late 2013.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that's too bad, but at least it's being enjoyed like you said. a few guys are going to The Nats....kinda thinking about it.

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
We will be there Saturday. I'll be with the new girlfriend and her three kids, 8,7,and 4. It should be interesting. I don't have any kids of my own so I'm trying to pass the interest in the old birds to the next generation the best way I can. Hope to see you there.

Skey01

Reaction score
I know where there is a beautiful black on black numbers matching 383 4spd car for sale.. Welcome back!

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
I know where there is a beautiful black on black numbers matching 383 4spd car for sale.. Welcome back!

That would be wonderful but probably a bit outta my budget. I'm in the market for a project.

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
The last one was a 68 barn find. I worked on it for 4 years before getting it back on the road after 36 years sitting under layers of dust and piles of wood. There's just something a little more special to me when it's your work that breathes new life into it. Plus I'd really like to get the kids into it as well. Some of my greatest memories were handing tools to my dad while he tuned up his old beater Dart. Every time a part came off or went on, he took the time to try and explain what it was, how it worked, and show me how to replace it. I really want to pass that feeling down.

Last edited:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
my Uncle that passed last year was like that. he could take something that had sat for 70 years and make it run like new, and explained how things worked.

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
Unfortunately, those guys are getting to be far too rare. The days of the shade tree mechanic are going the way of the dodo.

Coyote

Reaction score
Unfortunately, those guys are getting to be far too rare. The days of the shade tree mechanic are going the way of the dodo.

Yeah! Durn it! People are scared of their cars! There is no reason to be, in some ways they are easier to diagnose than the old ones. The computer will tell you what's wrong (hopefully!). Changing out the parts is just about the same except some of the work area is a LOT more crowded. These ARE the "good old days". 700 horsepower with a warranty, 10sec 1/4's, GOOD GRIEF! We will look back fondly!

Back