• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacement Fender Tag

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes their is one person that is able to reproduce these tags. I talked to him and he want's 400 dollars for the reproduction. I may get one done after the car is done just to list all the thing's I have added to my car. But not to deceive any one. The true runner inspector at a car show or person can pick it out in a new York minute. Just to say I have added Console - bucket seat-A/C. My car did not have the original motor transmission and don't believe rear end. But it will be one of the best restored runner's around. Russ. :kartman: And on that note Where is my beer assistant???**&^%%^ MMC detriot. Is the guy I called.

Mateya

Reaction score
So the other people in the links i provided can make them but they are clearly "fake" and the other gentlemen you mentioned will make essentially the real deal? I have a long way to go with my car but thought I would post up questions as they come to me. My RR also does not have the original engine and I will be restoring to original. I am interested in putting back on all of the original stickers, tags, etc to give the car an authentic and original feel. I plan on my car being a driver so although I may take it to shows it would not to be to enter competitions or to win anything.

This was a site I found that has label/sticker packages.

http://www.ecsautomotive.com/productdesc.php?co=c&id=53

Again I am a long way off but enjoy learning/planning the small details like this.

Mateya

Reaction score
No broadcast sheet. There is a couple last places to check but from what I have read it is unlikely that there is one in the car since it was built in the Los Angeles plant.

Otherwise I know that the 2 places linked above can make them, they just include a small marking showing that it is a reproduction rather than an authentic tag. I would be ok with that, it at least gets a fender tag back on the car which matches all of the options on the car. Real...no...but I am ok with that.

mopar jack

Reaction score
You might get lucky and find a sheet. My 71 road runner is an early build from the Los Angeles plant and it had a sheet behind the rear seat and one under the pass side rear carpet.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I thought the vin number told you a lot also. The man I talked to said he had a sheet to fax over to me to fill out and that would be put onto the fender tag. Like 383-four speed manual - bench seat or bucket-console-column shift - or floor- interior color - post car. I mean that a lot of thing's too list. But I mean it is a reproduction tag after all. Not an original one. Hope you can find a build sheet I looked under my back seat and nothing. Someone had striped this car and put buck seat's out of a mustang in it to drive it. So good luck with the car. Russ. :beep:

Mateya

Reaction score
The only places I have to look still is around the glove compartment area and I suppose they can also be taped behind the dash area. Otherwise the carpet and rear seat is removed so they are not there.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Sound's like someone has already found it and put it with paper work so they would not lose it. I may be in the headliner the only place else people have found it. Russ.

Rich B

Reaction score
Mine was stuck up in the rear bench seat’s springs; have found them under carpeting in rear also. Can’t recall which car was which though?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
If it was built in LA you never will find one they never left them in the cars.

Rich B

Reaction score
For other car, able to get spec sheets, VIN breakdown paper and a few other official documents (framable); but of coarse nothing is free, even dash plaque with build #’s; no one has ever found a stuffed in assembly line sheet though; consensus is, not done anymore.

Point is: Could be firm out there for roaders offering same difference? That would keep somebody for a decade or so busy.

Palmer Moe-par 68

Reaction score
So since I have an original fender tag, all my vin numbers, and the original engine, would I be able to to get the authentic new one since my original fender tag is pretty roached and has a crack forming?

Rich B

Reaction score
Good chance a reproduction is available from a vendor if the market is available...... Can vouch for repo window stickers, build sheets and spec. documents for Fords anyways. See if I can locate something; got a cool dash plaque for other car with engine, #’s built and even how many in my color. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=vin+plat...=t&hvqmt=p&tag=mh0b-20&ref=pd_sl_1wmyscjxal_p Something should be out there.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I looked on line and found a guy that makes new fender tag's. But it is expensive. Maybe their is someone less expensive. Russ.

Back