• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

repo 69 grills

rapid67rt

Reaction score
I'm considering going to a repo 1969 roadrunner grill. What kind of quality can I expect? year one, classic industries? :beep: :beep:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I do believe they are all made buy Goodmark. They are a good looking grill, some have heavier tool marking on the top but the originals also have a little and it can't be seen until the hood is up.

droptop

Reaction score
I suggest looking at them in person verses mail order. There are a lot of seconds out there that are being sold at premium price. :cents:

chapdog105

Reaction score
Mine is a Goodmark too, most probably are. I'm sure everyone is selling the same repop, but for different prices. Year One is expensive, i'd go with someone else.

a6t9vette

Reaction score
Mine from goodmark has some tooling marks along one of the right hand (when looking front of the car) "cross members" When I got it I called Goodmark, they went and checked their stock at the time and said they were all like that, confirmed to me that it was an issue with their tooling. Since they are the only one i could find making them, and I couldnt do an exchange I was pretty much stuck. I did ask them for a partial refund due to the issue, but was basically told no and if you dont want it you can go buy one someone where else.... of which they know there is none.

Dont get my wrong they look good from 5 feet, but when you are sepending the money for a new piece I expected better.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd let your intended usage be the determining factor. If you think some day you'll strive for OEM Gold at the Nats then have your original reconditioned. If it's just a driver or a Saturday Nite cruiser then get a repop. :cents:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I'm going to derail this for a moment. The last two posts were by ACME A12 and Solid gold has ACME up in his avatar which reminds me that in the Plymouth commercials they used the name AJAX unlike the cartoons. Now back to our regular programing

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I'm going to derail this for a moment. The last two posts were by ACME A12 and Solid gold has ACME up in his avatar which reminds me that in the Plymouth commercials they used the name AJAX unlike the cartoons. Now back to our regular programing

"AJAX A12"...??? :leave:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BahamaA12RR

Reaction score
Beep Beep Dave said:
I heard they are no longer in production. So whats left out there is it. I bought one I felt it was really good value for the money.

Dave

X2

I opted to buy one for now, too, instead of getting mine restored. It looks pretty good- I'm satisfied with it.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Put that on the list of no longer produced along with oval air cleaner elements and MP oil filters :toetap:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
What vender or venders still selling the repop grilles?

Who's got a decent price on the grilles and bezels??

BahamaA12RR

Reaction score
abodybill said:

I checked and called about everyone-only place I found one was from Year One using one of their 30% discount sales.

chapdog105

Reaction score
BahamaA12RR said:
abodybill said:

I checked and called about everyone-only place I found one was from Year One using one of their 30% discount sales.

I'm glad I bought mine last year. I didn't need it at the time, but had a couple extra bucks and decided to knock another needed item off the list.
Mine is a Goodmark repop.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
there are two NOS grills over on the 'parts. One looks to be a Satallite grill. both are $600 each.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
mine is also a goodmark....that 69 grille and bezels fit and look great on my 68 1/2 :acme: :acme: :acme:

:D

Back