• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Resto-shop reality!

woodwiz

Reaction score
Went to a resto shop the other day 35yrs in the business.A meet and greet and talk over my concerns for the RR. Oil leaks,gauges,fuel tank sending unit. I just needed a starting point dollar wise and they are where I kinda thought we would be! Funny thing was I noticed that every vehicle there whether in dis-repair or good to go was a GM product. Would you guys let what appears to be a Chevy guy work on a Mopar?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
If they don't know mopars and you want to keep yours more or less original appearing, no. What shop did you go to.

RonLiv

Reaction score
Given that my own skills are limited, I've always looked for a place that knows MOPAR.

woodwiz

Reaction score
Tried Rob...mailbox full and gotta get Adobe flash player something something to get the website. Business is good!!
If you want to,give this number to your bud and have him text me or call. 9712695964
Thanks!

Rumrunner

Reaction score
If I had the money and was closer, I've been following the tv show, "Counting Cars" Counts Custom in Las Vegas. They do it all and the painters are artists. They put out Insane work. Like I said If I had the money.
When you don't have the money, buy a manual and start turning wrenches.

Jack R

Reaction score
I have a buddy who does restorations on GM anything and he is really good at it.. I wouldn’t let him near a Mopar. He would be thrust into a severe state of confusion.

woodwiz

Reaction score
Copy that! All these Mopar dudes in Phoenix....help a brother out! I’m done with all that! I bought the the car to putz with...oil,brakes,general maintenance. Not! Restore to factory settings. It was restored 15 yrs ago according to my info. This is not a cash cow car for some shop to restore.
There glad I made that clear!! This car has 3-biggie issues as far as I’m concerned 1. Oil pan gasket and possibly rear main seal.
2. Fuel tank sending unit leak and ground strap.
3. Temp gauge inop along with some electrical crap.
So if there is anyone out there in the Phoenix area that would enjoy some Mopar work on a 70 RR...Let me know! Beers on me!

Jack R

Reaction score
Copy that! All these Mopar dudes in Phoenix....help a brother out! I’m done with all that! I bought the the car to putz with...oil,brakes,general maintenance. Not! Restore to factory settings. It was restored 15 yrs ago according to my info. This is not a cash cow car for some shop to restore.
There glad I made that clear!! This car has 3-biggie issues as far as I’m concerned 1. Oil pan gasket and possibly rear main seal.
2. Fuel tank sending unit leak and ground strap.
3. Temp gauge inop along with some electrical crap.
So if there is anyone out there in the Phoenix area that would enjoy some Mopar work on a 70 RR...Let me know! Beers on me!

if the 70 is same as 69 I have an extra sending unit I think. I’d donate it.

woodwiz

Reaction score
Thanks Jack, but I need the”Come on over and bring your parts and beer”
And let’s see where we are at. If not,a Mopar guy that wants some work.
It ain’t complicated! Really! Over 5million people here and No Mopar guys? That’s just sad....kidding!!!

Jack R

Reaction score
Thanks Jack, but I need the”Come on over and bring your parts and beer”
And let’s see where we are at. If not,a Mopar guy that wants some work.
It ain’t complicated! Really! Over 5million people here and No Mopar guys? That’s just sad....kidding!!!

where in phoenix are you?

woodwiz

Reaction score
I take that Mopar guys s$&t back. Sorry! Just want some stuff done so I don’t spot on the floor!!!

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Most of the stuff you out lined is not that big of a job. If you can turn wrench's I would do it my self. Save a bunch of money and learn about the car as you go. Wish we where not clear across the country or would be willing to help out a runner brother. With out friend's around my home town would be not so easy to do what I have done. They are willing to lend a hand when needed. Wish you luck and just keep at it you will get their.

woodwiz

Reaction score
Like others have said $100 bones an hr. Is probably common in the desert these days. So find a good shop for what I need in Phoenix or get the jacks out and save $$$$’s. Don’t want to go there,but we shall see what 69hemibeep’s guy has got going on.
If I can make a connection.
Thanks ya’ll

Back