• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restoration: Certain changes decrease value?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Burn the freaking tires off it at every light because you may not get another chance.

I am appalled that an officer of the law is promoting law-breaking activities. Just absolutely appalled... :basketcase:

BTW - I got a speeding ticket in Cuyahoga Falls (RT 8) on my way up to the Indians game on Tuesday night... You don't konw anyone that can fix that for me, do you? :D

w8kbrder

Reaction score
Hah! Thanks everyone for all fo the thoughts/ideas. I really appreciate it. I believe i will go the 4-speed route.

w8kbrder

Reaction score
Here's my $0.02, so take it for what its worth......Im not sure where you're starting from as far as the restoration. IMO, unless you have an original Hemi or 6bbl car, you'll never get your money out of it if you sell. This is from a full restoration starting point though.

I removed the entire interior (carpet, seats, door cards, etc). Removed all the chrome, front/back glass, bumpers, grill, headlights, etc...getting it ready for the body shop. Having some light metal work done (patching a spot in the rear floor board, and replacing the entire trunk pan. Also replacing the rear lower quarters with patch panels.) and getting it painted. Then I'll replace new carpet, door panels, recovered seats, etc. Since everything needs to be done...I have the option of replacing the interior with any color I choose. Right now its the basic B7 blue split bench with colum automatic. The original owner bought the car with A/C but opted out of the basic interior upgrade.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I am appalled that an officer of the law is promoting law-breaking activities. Just absolutely appalled... :basketcase:

that's because you never saw him at The Nats......:drive:

and another top secret trip to Ohio and no word?:toetap::toetap::toetap: Pat693834spdF8

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
and another top secret trip to Ohio and no word?:toetap::toetap::toetap: Pat693834spdF8

I was at HQ for a Boeing Audit. Didn't have 5 minutes to myself... We are getting together NEXT month, remember...? :jester:

dobie

Reaction score

BTW - I got a speeding ticket in Cuyahoga Falls (RT 8) on my way up to the Indians game on Tuesday night... You don't konw anyone that can fix that for me, do you? :D

Haha!! Who? Me???? I know not what you speak of.....

Lol...nope. sorry. sure don't. I used to know a couple of Falls cops, but that was about 10 yrs ago. I'm sure they're long gone by now.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
but you had time to go to ball game......

I took my customers to the game...one of the Boeing Reps is one of those guys that is trying to attend a game at every stadium...and he had not been to Cleveland before... I had made reservations at a nice restaurant...and had to cancel and change plans on the fly... It was work, not pleasure.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
not buy'n it. doesn't wanna been seen in public with his car buddies, I get it and I'm hurt........:bart:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
:D you're not as slow as Stuie said you were.......

Back