• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Road Runner Door Hole Template

meepbeep69

Reaction score
I have a 69 RR.

I was looking at the car yesterday and the holes for the road and runner on the doors just do not seem right. It may be my eyes going bad. But once it is painted that is all she wrote.

Does anyone have a template for placement and hole size for both the left and right doors?

moparstuart

Reaction score
meepbeep69 said:
I have a 69 RR.

I was looking at the car yesterday and the holes for the road and runner on the doors just do not seem right. It may be my eyes going bad. But once it is painted that is all she wrote.

Does anyone have a template for placement and hole size for both the left and right doors?
got any pictures ???

meepbeep69

Reaction score
It just looks a little forward.....doesn't it?

I got the doors years ago off of either a GTX or a Satellite.

We drilled the holes then had the car painted. The emblems went in but the bird never went on then the divorce froze everything for several years.

I will get some pictures and measurements at the shop tomorrow. If I am off then they can weld them up and do them right.

Keep in mind the paint you see is after sitting under a tarp for a few years. The car got beat up while under the tarp.

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Here is what a fellow from Moparts forwarded me.

"I measured the lettering on my doors and on the dr side the word road starts 8" from the ft edge of door, runner starts 10 3/4" front edge. 5" down from top break in door. Pass side,Runner 8" from front,thats the n in runner, the D in road 12 1/8" from front edge,same down from top. Maybe you can figure the holes out from this,if you can understand what i'm trying to say lol."

I hope he means the second R in runner rather than the n.

It looks like your's is 7.75 inches back from the front of the door seam and about 4.5 down from the body line to the midpoint of the emblem. Looks like hold the body line on top constant and work back off the front of the door.

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Thanks and do not scratch that car!!

I will get over to a friend's tomorrow. He usually has some spare doors and check them as well.

Then off to the shop to measure.

Does mine look right in the picture?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
meepbeep69 said:
Thanks and do not scratch that car!!

I will get over to a friend's tomorrow. He usually has some spare doors and check them as well.

Then off to the shop to measure.

Does mine look right in the picture?
It looks pretty close just eye balling it :cheers:

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Mac

Thanks for the information. Now I have a foundation to work with. The left side will be a bit interesting but I should be able to get it.

Thanks for the avitar too~~

C

Back