• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rocker Molding Clips Question

railrider

Reaction score
Recently removed a pair of Rocker moldings from my Sport Satellite to use on my Road Runner. I then ordered all new clips on ebay for it. When they showed the clips are about 1/8" smaller so they won't work. Anyone know if there are two sizes in 1969? Here is a picture of the two sizes I found.

The one on the left is the original with two holes, and the right the "Authentic Mopar" repop
moparclips1.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
IIRC.....the Satallites and Chargers have the same size moldings. Coronets have asmaller size. Maybe that's what your smaller clips are for?

Roadcuda

Reaction score

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I'm about 99% sure the one on the right is correct for a 68. I'm not sure if it's correct for a 69.

railrider

Reaction score
Big John said:
I'm about 99% sure the one on the right is correct for a 68. I'm not sure if it's correct for a 69.

Most of them I have seen on the net list them for all 1968-1970 B Body. I think even Year One does too. :beep: :beep:

metalstorm

Reaction score
i have been looking for a few yrs for clips and cant find them.mine is like the left one.i wish you luck.

metalstorm

Reaction score
my guy just called and has 3 and confirmed it with me on if it is correct.he is checking with his people to find more.thay are 12$ each.

railrider

Reaction score
metalstorm said:
my guy just called and has 3 and confirmed it with me on if it is correct.he is checking with his people to find more.thay are 12$ each.

Keep me posted. If I don't find them I will just delete the trim from my plans.

railrider

Reaction score
I have looked around a little also, and keep finding 1968-1970 B Body is all the same. Could this be a Sport Satellite only trim part? Here is a picture of my moldings. Do your look like them?

rockers3.gif

John69RR

Reaction score
Those are not correct for a 69 rr. i do not have a picture here at work of mine. Will post it later.

railrider

Reaction score
railrider said:
Recently removed a pair of Rocker moldings from my Sport Satellite to use on my Road Runner. I then ordered all new clips on ebay for it. When they showed the clips are about 1/8" smaller so they won't work. Anyone know if there are two sizes in 1969? Here is a picture of the two sizes I found.

My original post is quoted above:
I have owned the RR versions. These are from a Sport Satellite. This is why I posted here because they are different. I am asking the guy with the Sport Satellite if his look like mine pictured. Thanks for the help. :brickwall:

metalstorm

Reaction score
i have been ripping the house appart for 2 weeks trying to find mine that when i moved last yr i must have lost them.i will see if i have a pic from 1990 when i took them off.

railrider

Reaction score
metalstorm said:
in the pic i found is the same as what you show for a rocker molding.

So is it safe to say these moldings may be Sport Satellite only? I have looked at at of pictures and so far that is all I see them on. :cool:

Back