• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Round or Flat stick for 69 Hurst shifters?

trim88

Reaction score
I'm trying to obtain an original round Hurst shifter stick with the PIA wedge type (hard to get out of the shifter). Not sure if the 69 came with a round type stick with a round knob or as some say, a flat type stick with round ball or pistol grip. Sure appreciate anyone with the correct (or as near as can be with Crysler's changing info) info on this.
And if anyone has one, round that is, I'm willing to buy. Don't need the shifter mech, just the stick.... or ball too if you have one. If you have the whole mech and want to sell complete, shoot me a price, Thanks, Jim

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Round pain in the butt stab type shifter with a wood grain ball handle. Sorry I only have one and its busy :jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
If you want to get picky I remember some discussion of the lettering style. Now I'm reviving old gray matter here so I may be a little off on the facts. I know 69 had the double stamped block lettering and I believe 68 and early 69 had a wide single block lettering

jays69bird

Reaction score
I have the console style shifter,(which is round) so I'm no help.

Back