• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RR got a new rear under seat pan

SgtLee511

Reaction score
Installing my birds rear under seat pan this week, next step will be the trunk pan. I started this build in January, having replaced a inner fender, front frame rail, main floor and the rear footwells. Im just now installing the rear underseat pan, and I've been dealing with rust here and there. I had to cut and weld in some metal from a donor demon roof in some spots like this top rocker on the drivers side. Work is at a crawl its 100 degrees outside:cool:

Drivers Doorway001.jpg

Drivers doorway 002.jpg

Drivers doorway 003.jpg

Under Seat etc 004.jpg

SgtLee511

Reaction score
Thanks for the Pep talk needed tha, machinist just called claiming that i didn't bring him the rear main seal cap, I'm not happy need to rant. First 440 I did this year he said it didn't have a main seal cap, so i bought one. I just bought a 383 from him a month ago, and strangely it was missing the rear main seal cap, and now I carry him the number matching engine of my bird, and he saying it's missing the rear main SEAL cap, and I went out of my way to make sure it was attached with the mains. Seems dam odd......Done ranting, getting heat stroke:soap:

Last edited:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
is there any honest machine or body shops left?

Skey01

Reaction score
is there any honest machine or body shops left?

Koffels Place Micigan and Ohio! Been building Mopar race engines since the 60's.. I deal with Rich here in Michigan, his brother runs the one in Ohio and Dave (the dad) runs back and forth. They can make a mopar ROCK!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Thanks for the Pep talk needed tha, machinist just called claiming that i didn't bring him the rear main seal cap, I'm not happy need to rant. First 440 I did this year he said it didn't have a main seal cap, so i bought one. I just bought a 383 from him a month ago, and strangely it was missing the rear main seal cap, and now I carry him the number matching engine of my bird, and he saying it's missing the rear main SEAL cap, and I went out of my way to make sure it was attached with the mains. Seems dam odd......Done ranting, getting heat stroke:soap:

Probably they threw it in the vat and melted it

Back