• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sad! Death of Chrysler St. Louis plant

CompSyn

Reaction score
It’s a sad day indeed. :facepalm:

Apparently, demolition begins shortly on the historical Chrysler St. Louis assembly plant where many of our beloved muscle cars were born, my 1969 Road Runner included.

This news from moparts.com - link

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
If the old buildings could talk.That brings up a question, is the Lynch Rd plant still around ?

moparstuart

Reaction score
MY 69 RR and my 70 convertible and 70 post cars where all built there .
One of my 69 chargers was also built there .

:soap: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

solid gold

Reaction score
Solid Gold was built there also! The car came back home to rest and enjoy it's new life here in Saint Louis,Missouri. :drive: If these cars could only talk about their past!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
That brings up a question, is the Lynch Rd plant still around ?

Good question. Seems to me that it closed some time ago... We'll have to do some snooping...

glhcarl

Reaction score
Both my Road Runner and my Coronet 500 are St Louis cars.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
It's sad that another part of the past, and another part of history is being lost. No one seems to want to save anything these days.

twinscrew698

Reaction score
Sad day indeed!!I think they should have kept the Plymouth name myself!
Here in Twinsburg Ohio they shut this Assy plant down, i think today was the last day for them!
I dont think the Change is working out for them!

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Yep that's where my 69 Road Runner came from.

Now days they tear down history and the funny part of it is just for $$$$$$$.

Bill

twinscrew698

Reaction score
twinscrew698 said:
Sad day indeed!!I think they should have kept the Plymouth name myself!
Here in Twinsburg Ohio they shut this Assy plant down, i think today was the last day for them!
I dont think the Change is working out for them!

I know i said assy plant but i meant to say Stamping Plant!!

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
New Process Gear in Syracuse will shut its doors for good in the next couple of months. All your A-833 transmissions were built there along with 4wd transfer cases and fwd standard transaxles.

The parent company, Magna has moved the factory to Mexico, where all sorts of quality and delivery issues are pretty much opening the market for Borg Warner to take over the 4wd transfer case market.

You can thank Daimler Benz for that one. In their efforts to gut Chrysler for every penny, they sold NPG to Magna, a Canadian company. I'm just waiting to see what Fiat will do to finally destroy Chrysler.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that's as sad as when the old Lima Locomotive works or the big Crestline Pennsylvian Railrod Round House was torn down, but these structures were falling down on their own.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Big John said:
You can thank Daimler Benz for that one. In their efforts to gut Chrysler for every penny, they sold NPG to Magna, a Canadian company. I'm just waiting to see what Fiat will do to finally destroy Chrysler.

and that is "How we won the war, but lost the peace"

BBillyC

Reaction score
Yes it is sad, very sad indeed in that so many have lost jobs and the economy has taken it in the ass. thank your politicians for that. On the up side all of us here have resurrected the past by devoting time and $$$$ to keep our birds alive well into the future. When all of us kick and 50 or more years have passed I can imagine our birds sitting in some displays somewhere as the jetsons look them over from their hoverboards thinking the same thing as we did when we looked at horse drawn wagons. But they will say ...cool, very cool.

mannye

Reaction score
BBillyC said:
Yes it is sad, very sad indeed in that so many have lost jobs and the economy has taken it in the ass. thank your politicians for that. On the up side all of us here have resurrected the past by devoting time and $$$$ to keep our birds alive well into the future. When all of us kick and 50 or more years have passed I can imagine our birds sitting in some displays somewhere as the jetsons look them over from their hoverboards thinking the same thing as we did when we looked at horse drawn wagons. But they will say ...cool, very cool.

I think they will be driving them. Heck, I still play old 78 records on a Victrola!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
so do I! I've got my Great Grandfathers 1906 Victor

Back