• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sad! Death of Chrysler St. Louis plant

mcmopar

Reaction score
I just finished recording a stack of about 20 78 rpm records into .wav format for a client. I'll be cleaning up the recordings and burning them all to CD's soon. I need to get them done before Sept 15. Shouldn't be a problem as most of the records are in pretty decent shape. There are a few that have major click/static problems so they'll be challenging but I already warned the client about that. The client isn't expecting perfection and understands you can't expect miracles from 50-60 year old records. Most of them will sound really good when I'm done with them, though.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
My sister has a Victrola that she plays often. And recently we watched our old home movies on our 8mm film and at least 50 yr old projector. It still works great! For me that is the only way to watch those movies. Nothing beats threading the film yourself and the clicking sounds as the film runs through the projector.

mannye

Reaction score
mcmopar said:
I just finished recording a stack of about 20 78 rpm records into .wav format for a client. I'll be cleaning up the recordings and burning them all to CD's soon. I need to get them done before Sept 15. Shouldn't be a problem as most of the records are in pretty decent shape. There are a few that have major click/static problems so they'll be challenging but I already warned the client about that. The client isn't expecting perfection and understands you can't expect miracles from 50-60 year old records. Most of them will sound really good when I'm done with them, though.

I think Pro Tools has a macro that makes short work of those clicks and pops? I know it's waaaay late for that info... lol

Back