• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Saturday at Carlisle

Roadcuda

Reaction score
The heat was a pain today. We finished the swap meet early in the day then spent the rest of the day at the tent. Jason made it today and his car looks great in person!

Carlisle 2012 039.JPG

Carlisle 2012 038.JPG

Carlisle 2012 040.JPG

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
so Steve...where's the pic of Uncle George wearing his "I haven't sucked on a Fag in X# of Days " shirt....... :jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
there you guys go.....go out to the big show and give '69 road runner.net a bad name...... :jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
careful...the Big Kauhauna is from New York. might get some "interesting" stuff tacked onto your avaitar.... :basketcase:

coyotekiller

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
careful...the Big Kauhauna is from New York. might get some "interesting" stuff tacked onto your avaitar.... :basketcase:

Those New Yorkers are all talk :acme:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
coyotekiller said:
Basketcase said:

Those New Yorkers are all talk :acme:

:devil: :devil:

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
that guy offered to park at the other end after he saw me! :jester:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
I backed out for two reasons...first, that's too damn hot for me, second, At 7:30 this morning, I was removing my furnace from my house. The HVAC guy was here and will be doing the furnace/AC install on Monday. Remember, back in the winter I learned that I have a cracked heat exchange.....

Anyways, I was bummed not to go to Carlisle this year :brickwall: , it would have been nice seeing you guys again, but I will be there next year :thumbsup:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
I was there Thrusday and Friday and that was enough for me as it was going tobe a hotter day Saturday and I left town at 7:30am.

Hooked up with afew of the guys :thumbsup:

Had fun and bought acouple things for the A-body's.

62BT409

Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
I backed out for two reasons...first, that's too damn hot for me, second, At 7:30 this morning, I was removing my furnace from my house. The HVAC guy was here and will be doing the furnace/AC install on Monday. Remember, back in the winter I learned that I have a cracked heat exchange.....

Anyways, I was bummed not to go to Carlisle this year :brickwall: , it would have been nice seeing you guys again, but I will be there next year :thumbsup:
And my company didn't even get a call?

Got back late last yesterday. No doubt pulled out .... somewhat early...and it was the heat. When it hit 100 degrees, the wife said "I have had enough" and that was fine with me.
A big disappointment of the attendance. I took the Savoy out to the Car Corral. Only about 50% of the Corral filled and a major decrease in the Showfield. No doubt it was a mixture of thins that kept the attendance down. My friend that ALWAYS goes as a parts vendor said sales were really good.
No one buying anything at the Corral.....unless it was 10k or down. We all felt (after long conversations in the shade) that....with the major storm the week before and people still w/o electric, the economy with people loosing their jobs & houses and selling their toys at half the value in order to get dollars, along with the super high temperatures..............this is what kept the attendance down.
Not even one offer on the Savoy but a lot of complements and wishes (that if I had the money). But still had a nice time seeing everyone again this years.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
It was still 112 degrees at 6pm when we headed out on our jeep trip, dropped down to the mid 90s by 1am . But its a dry heat :basketcase:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
It was still 112 degrees at 6pm when we headed out on our jeep trip, dropped down to the mid 90s by 1am . But its a dry heat :basketcase:
yeah we could just stand there and the sweat would just pour off ya
it was great seeing everyone

Back