• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scared to tell the wife

Stepheu

Reaction score
Yea, that’s right! I already have a project and my wife is on her way home. When to tell her that I just trailered home my dream car. 1969 Roadrunner. I don’t know, you tell me. Bandaid or see how long I can hide it in the grove? I think my marriage is strong enough but this will surely be a good test. The other thing is to her it is a pile of junk. It’s rusted. There is some weight reduction to include speed holes. Also, no engine/trans/interior. She doesn’t see the beauty like I do. Op, she’s here. Gota go. Wish me luck. Pics/details will follow if I survive. If no then....Im Stephen. I put the u (upside-down n) my name at the end because I’m sure someone has my name as a username. Hopefully, later!

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Yep think every thing I drag home should have gone to the junk yard according to my wife. When buying this runner she had the expression of despair on her face. Good luck by a big tarp and Camouflage it. LOL.

cosgig

Reaction score
My wife used to say “is that thing going TO the junkyard?” whenever I brought an old parts car home. She learned very quickly that they make me good money, and a 69 Roadrunner will always hold its value. It will keep you out of the bars, off the lakes, and have you groveling around her feet, she’ll be fine. Welcome to Mopar madness, it’s a great place to be!

TOMRR

Reaction score
HPIM4421.JPG Welcome ! I must of got lucky when I brought mine home, She loved it and went with me to buy it. HPIM4627.JPG

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Look's like the car was a racer. See you have a lot of work a head of you. Keep us posted on the project. Here is what I had to do. Just part of all the metal and work that goes into a total restore. IMG_0102 (1).JPG

TOMRR

Reaction score
Stay Positive !! Some days010.JPG e days it can get like this. lol. Looks like you got a big job ahead ! Get to Work !

Stepheu

Reaction score
The trunk pan is gone. The floor has some areas where prior owner bugger welded in flat steel patch panels. The majority of the floor seems solid. I have not found cancer in the frame rails. I rolled it over into the corner of the shop while I finish putting together another project. I hope to get to the RR.

cosgig

Reaction score
The trunk pan is gone. The floor has some areas where prior owner bugger welded in flat steel patch panels. The majority of the floor seems solid. I have not found cancer in the frame rails. I rolled it over into the corner of the shop while I finish putting together another project. I hope to get to the RR.
When there’s a Roadrunner in the house, can there really be another project before it? It will sit there.....calling you.....watching as you work.....guilting you, until you finally see the light and just push that other project aside. First good night of sleep you’ll get, I guarantee!

Stepheu

Reaction score
When there’s a Roadrunner in the house, can there really be another project before it? It will sit there.....calling you.....watching as you work.....guilting you, until you finally see the light and just push that other project aside. First good night of sleep you’ll get, I guarantee!
I know what you mean... just staring at me while I’m trying to work!

E5A18F4B-A845-4E9B-B394-F9C3305D2E59.jpeg

Back