• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE Sea Foam Vert

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonLiv

Reaction score
The Rag Top went to $55,000 and did not sell. 4-speed car, Matching numbers, N96 option.

The 69 Hemi also did not sell. The bid went to $90,000, a matching numbers drivetrain car.

I guess prices are sliding down on these.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Either that or people are just holding on to their money wondering what is going to be the outcome of the economy. Also, the younger generation is buying what their buddies are. Around here it seems to be trucks or those really small cars.

RonLiv

Reaction score
Either that or people are just holding on to their money wondering what is going to be the outcome of the economy. Also, the younger generation is buying what their buddies are. Around here it seems to be trucks or those really small cars.
Around this way all the guys my age and younger are buying the modern Super Cars now.

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
I think the prices may be sliding down on "these" more than lower priced cars proportionally speaking.
And that will always be the case.
We can divide the country into categories..
1. Lower people that can't pay the bills.
2. Middle income people that have some disposable income. (A somewhat inaccurate catchall phrase)
3. The affluent who have more disposable income..
4. Super rich for that money is no object.
This last group can "afford" to be very picky and buys museum pieces.
This car probably falls for someone in group 3?
And as the price in group 3 falls due to the obvious economic reasons it will continue to stay in group 3.
Just more people in that group will be wanting it.
But people in group 2 still won't be able to reasonably justify buying it.
And the cars in group 2 will continue to hold value.
I get it all the time.
"Want to sell that car?" because there are SO MANY MORE people in group 2 than group 3.

Now we COULD just paint with a wider brush and say that, discounting the cars in category 4 above, all cars fall into two basic categories.
Those for the Bourgeoise and those for the Proletariat.
Under this economic model, yes the higher end cars do affect the lower end cars in direct proportionality.

RonLiv

Reaction score
Interesting analysis. And I agree with most of it. One additional factor is inflation. The dollar isn't what it used to be so proportionately speaking, the cars value should be higher than what it was a year ago. Having said that, just because inflation is making things cost more, doesn't mean one's income is keeping pace. I don't know what the seller's expectations were for this car, but I would think its a $65,000 car in today's money. My opinion is this is a Number 3-car. 1-being a concourse restoration and 5-being a project.

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
I should have said "middle class " is a catch all .....
Why does the news always say the home prices are increasing?
Why not say the value of your dollar fell?
That would give away the game perhaps.
It lives.
Don't frighten the children.
(A nod to the season)Screenshot_20231003_074610.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back