• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat belt installation- bench seat

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I need to quit "forgetting" about putting the seatbelts back in the car. Thing is, I can't remember how they went in exactly. I think they might have had the latch end first and then the belt end on top of that where they bolt to the floor. Can anybody snap a quick pic as to how they go?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
wish I could help. when they changed the interior color, they put in aftermarkert belts.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Crap. Does anybody know how they go?

I may have to just wing it. And I'm not talking about a Superbird

moparmoose3

Reaction score
i remember mine as being starting at the driver's side ; short belt, lap belt, lap belt, short belt, lap belt and short belt. that's what i remember, i don't have mine in either.

CWR

Reaction score
mine look like original belts. Just drivers and passenger. Short belt at door (the one with the hole in the end ) Long belt at driveshaft hump ( The bush button part) Same idea at pass side.............does this help?. I have belts for 3 in the back

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would have offered to snap some photos for you - but I cannot download them. Readers Digest version is that I can't put the software on my laptop (company owned and restricted) and the PC at home has taken a dump (motherboard is fried) so I have no way to extract them from the camera.

If you want a written nomenclature ala Moose's post, just let me know. I'll be happy to go check out Bambi's belts for you tonight...right before I start packing for Carlisle...yeah baby!!! Sorry. Getting a little excited...

:jester:
ACME

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
So there is some of them that bolt in near the door???

All I know of is the two bolt holes on the tunnel, one on each side.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
So there is some of them that bolt in near the door???

All I know of is the two bolt holes on the tunnel, one on each side.

Yes. IIRC the short belts attach to the inside of the rocker panel/floor pan. The holes should be just behind the seat latches.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Ive got some really good pics that might help with the carpet out. Some of the mounting points should be the same as a bench seat car front and rear. Do you need the rear and did yours have shoulder belts?

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I have no pics, but here's the rundown as I remember it for a bench seat car.

Starting at the drivers door- Short retractable/male end

drivers right- Long with buckle and short belt with male end (center passenger)

Pass left- 2 long with buckle.
Pass right- Short retractable/male end

The short retractables are left and right handed, but it should be easy to tell the difference.

IIRC, There should be a plastic clip on the front of the seat with a double clip for storing the belts on the passenger side just right of the trans tunnel and a single in the same spot on the drivers side.

Rear should be the same way except the outside belts are not retractable.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I think I see the deal now, I thought there were no mounts other than at the tunnel. Thanks.

How do you make use of the belts up on the roof? :crazy: Mine has them and they don't look to be able to reach anything. :huh:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
I think I see the deal now, I thought there were no mounts other than at the tunnel. Thanks.

How do you make use of the belts up on the roof? :crazy: Mine has them and they don't look to be able to reach anything. :huh:
This is a cencer belt, note it has both a male end for the shoulder belt and buckle or latch for the lap belt.

toms69rr

Reaction score
I think the layout in the service manual in the reference section on this site,
I used my own service manual when I put mine in for the buckets and rear seat

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics!

I thought that Mopar Action did an install on a 69 RR of a shoulder belt because you couldn't get them in these cars???

I thought these were extensions or belts for the middle up front or something... :huh:

This is actualy good as I feel much safer with a shoulder belt. I used to buckle up in my 68 Charger and think about how bad my stomach would be messed up by that one lap belt.

Back