• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat belts for 69 RR built Sept 1968

nicanor

Reaction score
My Roadrunner was built September 1968 and has no headrest. It is the plain Jane post car bench seat. Did the car come with shoulder harness/seat belts or was that an option?

Thank you,
Barry

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
should have come wlth the seperate shoulder harness ln the front along w/ the reagular lap belts. the rear shoulder straps were optlonal.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
droptop said:
roadrunnerh said:
After 1/1/68, Feds made shoulder belts and head rests mandatory.

I think that should be 1/1/69 :cents:...optional before then.

:yesnod: Mines 10/21/68 build and no shoulder belts but head rest with the buckets.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Last sentence says in Standard 208

Generally,the requiremnts as follows:

Does that mean manditory??

Mine had the oringinal intrior in it and no shoulder belts came with it???

My 1969 GTS BB Dart only had seat belts in it and I bought it from the oringinal owner?

My 69 Formula S did have both seat belts and shoulder blets in it.
:loco: :loco:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Beats me. I always thought it was Jan 68 for shoulderbelts and headrests, I guess not.
If you got your car from the original owner, It must not have been mandatory.
My 68 Road Runner has neither, with production date of 11/7/67.

I actually plan on installing both. I wish my car had 'em.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Agree with ya 100%
I would not drive a car without the seat belts and I have gotten use to the complete harness system in all the daily drivers now.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
abodybill said:
Agree with ya 100%
I would not drive a car without the seat belts and I have gotten use to the complete harness system in all the daily drivers now.

X2

:thumbsup:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
What would you guys recommend?

I always wondered whether my car had the mounting for shoulder belts. Also, I wondered if my car has the holes in the location for head rests.

Do you know?

jays69bird

Reaction score
My build date is 9/68 and I don't have headrest,no shoulder belts (convertible) and my original door handle's had black buttons.

toms69rr

Reaction score
Build date on mine is 10/24/68, came with no headrest or shoulder belts. but I put shoulder belts back in. Better safe than sorry :cheers:

John69RR

Reaction score
My seats were not the original ones, but through the cover I can feel the two holes for the headrests. I can't recall what car I took them out of back in the early ,90's. As for the shoulder belts mine look totally different. The snap is actually on the belt and not fastened to the top. The belts were in the car when I bought it in '89.

P1030003.1.JPG

A31PKG

Reaction score
Mine's 11-22-68 and has factory shoulder belts, with no headrests. Headrests were an option prior to 1 Jan '69, so the receivers should be in the seats.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
pretty sure the holes for the shoulder straps are there. same wltht the headrests. l've seen several seats n the boneyards that dldn't have the rests but the hardware was ln the seats under the cover.

nicanor

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. I went down and looked at the car and the holes for the shoulder harness bolts are there as well as the holes for the shoulder harness clips.

Barry

amike95

Reaction score
Guys, I was told from a so called expert that early 69's had not headrests. Mine was built in April 69 and has no headrests. :loco:

A31PKG

Reaction score
Yours is not an "early" model based on the provided info. They were mandatory after about 1 Jan. Maybe they were removed for re-upholstery and not re-installed? Or the seat was swapped with an earlier one?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
A31PKG said:
Yours is not an "early" model based on the provided info. They were mandatory after about 1 Jan. Maybe they were removed for re-upholstery and not re-installed? Or the seat was swapped with an earlier one?
I agree with Craig, they were mandated by the feds 1/1/69

Back