• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

seat medallions

ArcDevilz

Reaction score
Jim S. said:
I lucked out. My front seats had 68 medallions on them. The back ones were missing. I acquired some 68s from a good friend. I have one left to complete. Just need to salvage some more extra blue material from the seat cushion.
Here is a pic. As Carl states they are not as simple as you would think.

1. This is the trim piece. Think it is stainless.
2. Black metal insert that needs to be covered with blue seat material.
3. Backing plate with studs that holds it all together. After this is on, the trim piece needs to be re-crimped slightly to keep it all in place.
4. This piece is goes on the back on the seat foam and the studs press into it.

My neighbor makes buttons for a living. I bet he can duplicate these with ease. I might be able to CNC the mold to press these. I wonder if aside from my needs if anyone else would need these? And if the 68 version is different by how much?

Decor.jpg

solid gold

Reaction score
ArcDevilz said:
Jim S. said:
I lucked out. My front seats had 68 medallions on them. The back ones were missing. I acquired some 68s from a good friend. I have one left to complete. Just need to salvage some more extra blue material from the seat cushion.
Here is a pic. As Carl states they are not as simple as you would think.

1. This is the trim piece. Think it is stainless.
2. Black metal insert that needs to be covered with blue seat material.
3. Backing plate with studs that holds it all together. After this is on, the trim piece needs to be re-crimped slightly to keep it all in place.
4. This piece is goes on the back on the seat foam and the studs press into it.

My neighbor makes buttons for a living. I bet he can duplicate these with ease. I might be able to CNC the mold to press these. I wonder if aside from my needs if anyone else would need these? And if the 68 version is different by how much?

Decor.jpg
I need 8 ! :thumbsup: A lot of people would buy these !

glhcarl

Reaction score
I know you could sell them if you could reproduce them cheap enough. One problem is that center piece that containes the seat material color. You would have to make one for each color of interior color.

I paid $100 for a set of eight of the 68 version (that came off a 69 Satellite?) and $100 for the four of the correct ones for my RR.

Before I found any I checked dozens of places and only one place even bothered to quote me a price and that was $75 each, but of he had not sold any in years, because they were hard to find, like I didn't already know that.

ArcDevilz

Reaction score
The vinyl part is easy. My dad works at Just Dashes. He paints everything that comes out of that place. I would have to get a 68 and 69 version to see what it would take. I have a few sources for stamping metals,casting and I have a machine shop.
If anyone has a guinea pig they would care to loan me. i will pay for shipping.

Ivan

solid gold

Reaction score
ArcDevilz said:
The vinyl part is easy. My dad works at Just Dashes. He paints everything that comes out of that place. I would have to get a 68 and 69 version to see what it would take. I have a few sources for stamping metals,casting and I have a machine shop.
If anyone has a guinea pig they would care to loan me. i will pay for shipping.

Your dad must have a cool job! I don't have any at all, but if I can help in any way,let me know! Thanks for your interest :thumbsup:

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
let me check in my storage shed this weekend I have a bench seat out of a 69 sat I think it has them if that would help

ArcDevilz

Reaction score
generaljmwlee said:
let me check in my storage shed this weekend I have a bench seat out of a 69 sat I think it has them if that would help
Definitely.

droptop

Reaction score
WOW!!! Talk about bringing up an old thread. Saw a lot of names that have not be around for a long time, including GLHCARL. Carl passed almost 5 years ago, and was one of the first members of the original 69 Road Runner site.

Still a much needed part that needs to be reproduced. With all of today's technology, reproducing these with digital printing could be an option.

Last edited:

National

Reaction score
I know,I hated to bring back an old thread but this is something that alot of people could use,I have 4,need 4 more,the short ones,even then I will have to dye them,not sure i want to take them apart,just never see them,If they could be made all in one piece & just paint the centers I think that would look ok

Back