• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

seat medallions

solid gold

Reaction score
Does anyone know where can I get 8 seat medallions for an A87 Decor Package? This is for a 69 with a bench seat and rear seat. The picture is from a survivor from Minnesota. ( not mine )

glhcarl

Reaction score
It took me a couple of years and a couple of dollars to get the four I needed for my front seat. One thing to watch for is that there are two different type, short wide and long narrow. Which went where is anyones guess. This is a short wide medallion:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
glhcarl said:
It took me a couple of years and a couple of dollars to get the four I needed for my front seat. One thing to watch for is that there are two different type, short wide and long narrow. Which went where is anyones guess. This is a short wide medallion:

I think Harry covered this in another thread; '68 vs. '69 IIRC... Harry, jump in here...

Nothing I have to worry about...as the owner of a blue two-door taxi cab... :lol:

solid gold

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
my car doesnt have any either ? it had satelite seats in it when i got it .

I have front and rear bench
Probably have to go without em'. Thanks for the comment. In 40 years a lot of things can happen!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
mine had new covers when I got it, and i've got enough to take care of without worrying about another piece of obotanioum.

mannye

Reaction score
these had to have come on a variety of plymouths. I am sure there are plenty of 4 door belvederes around with those sitting and waiting for you. Just like vans are a great source for inside door handles and plastic trim!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and Dodge trucks from '72-'93 have the same outside door handles.

ArcDevilz

Reaction score
Anyone have a close up picture of correct 1969 type? I can probably fabricate these without issue. I just need to know if the center painted part is something other than metal? If anyone has 1 laying around I can give it a shot. I would also think the back has a small ring to stitch onto.

solid gold

Reaction score
ArcDevilz said:
Anyone have a close up picture of correct 1969 type? I can probably fabricate these without issue. I just need to know if the center painted part is something other than metal? If anyone has 1 laying around I can give it a shot. I would also think the back has a small ring to stitch onto.
I can get you a close-up shot (from an original car) . Maybe not to-nite ,but tomorrow sometime.

solid gold

Reaction score
solid gold said:
ArcDevilz said:
I can get you a close-up shot (from an original car) . Maybe not to-nite ,but tomorrow sometime.
Here are the two pics: He said they are 1 13/16 in. long 1/2 in. @ the widest point, and 3/8 in. at the ends. (these are from an original survivor car)

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
mannye said:
these had to have come on a variety of plymouths. I am sure there are plenty of 4 door belvederes around with those sitting and waiting for you. Just like vans are a great source for inside door handles and plastic trim!

Well the problem is, the Belvederes rarely, if ever, had the decor package.
I had a helluva time finding mine, and that was 15 years ago....
Got the ones I used out of a '68 Satellite wagon. I had to disassemble them, dye the vinyl insert the correct maroon, and reassemble.
I may have a couple spares, but I will have to hunt for them.....

solid gold

Reaction score
solid gold said:
[quote="solid gold":1qcslref]
ArcDevilz said:
Here are the two pics: He said they are 1 13/16 in. long 1/2 in. @ the widest point, and 3/8 in. at the ends. (these are from an original survivor car)[/quote:1qcslref]
Hereare 2 more pics in the daylight ! Hope these help!

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Geez... that looks like a pretty easy piece to repop too.

glhcarl

Reaction score
Big John said:
Geez... that looks like a pretty easy piece to repop too.

They are not that simple. They are made up from four (4) pieces, six (6) if you count the studs.

1. The outer chrome piece is crimped on 2. the center (colored) piece and 3. the backing plate that holds the studs. 4. A retainer holds them on the seat.

That colored piece is metal with the vinyl material bonded on.

ArcDevilz

Reaction score
What if you could make a repop's that looks just as good but does not have the retainers ion the back? Does anyone have an image of the back? These look like thin stamped stainless pieces.

Jim S.

Reaction score
I lucked out. My front seats had 68 medallions on them. The back ones were missing. I acquired some 68s from a good friend. I have one left to complete. Just need to salvage some more extra blue material from the seat cushion.
Here is a pic. As Carl states they are not as simple as you would think.

1. This is the trim piece. Think it is stainless.
2. Black metal insert that needs to be covered with blue seat material.
3. Backing plate with studs that holds it all together. After this is on, the trim piece needs to be re-crimped slightly to keep it all in place.
4. This piece goes on the back on the seat foam and the studs press into it.

Back