• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seen one of these in a while ?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
A friend of mine loaned this to me, I'm not real happy with the curve in the hemi so I'm going to pull the distributor and check it out. I have an AMC delco on it now for a refresher course as its been awhile since I learned to use one of these. Same kind we used in high school shop, which just brought up an old memory. I was on the state champion team in 1972 Plymouth trouble shooting contest :thumbsup:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
A friend of mine loaned this to me, I'm not real happy with the curve in the hemi so I'm going to pull the distributor and check it out. I have an AMC delco on it now for a refresher course as its been awhile since I learned to use one of these. Same kind we used in high school shop, which just brought up an old memory. I was on the state champion team in 1972 Plymouth trouble shooting contest :thumbsup:
Change is not always a bad thing......that and technology.........can you say Mallory :loco: ........... :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
69hemibeep said:
Change is not always a bad thing......that and technology.........can you say Mallory :loco: ........... :lol:
Its just how it has to be :yesnod: I don't have points in any thing else :D And I change my underwear on a regular basis :lmao:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Its a good old machine, you can set up the curve on most any distributor, even electronic. It supplies voltage to what ever your using for points and you can change springs and weights and watch how it advances at different RPMs. It also shows what and where the vac advance is at. Something to the old rig yet :thumbsup:

moparchris

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:

I wasn't even born yet........by a lot! I think I saw one of those drawn on a cave wall in a history book.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparchris said:
69hemibeep said:

I wasn't even born yet........by a lot! I think I saw one of those drawn on a cave wall in a history book.
How can I say this on the internet :huh: Your a little dick or richard if that's not appropriate :lol:

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
once a national award winner always a national award winner :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparchris said:
69hemibeep said:

Chris. Question for ya. I grew up with these cars so its a nostalgic thing for me, what got you interested in old mopars?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Chris. Question for ya. I grew up with these cars so its a nostalgic thing for me, what got you interested in old mopars?

A terrible shortage of Red Chevelle Super Sports with Black stripes on the left coast... :basketcase:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

A terrible shortage of Red Chevelle Super Sports with Black stripes on the left coast... :basketcase:

:jester:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
wow chris you got bobs distributor all wound up......what did you do send him a bill for new blacktop :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I got a different vacuum pump today and tested the vacuum advance on the distributor and it fell within spec. Then I spun the distributor on the machine and found the springs were way to light and did some tweeking with them now it all falls within the specs, at 650 rpm 7degrees. at 850 rpm 9degrees at 1550 rpm 14degrees and all in at 2000 which is 16 degrees I got it stabbed back in and I'll time it after a late breakfast. I was having trouble with it coming back to idle because the dizzy was staying advanced so I had it set at TDC to idle better but they don't run so well that way. We shall see:thumbsup:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
WOO HOO it works To hot for a test drive but I went as high as 18 initial and it came back to idle. I'm going to try her at 10 and see how she runs. That would be 26 total which it could stand more but I don't want it to run hot right now. Got to be better that TDC

Back