• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Setback...

Collin

Reaction score
My plan for tommorrow was to drop off the 2 front buckets and the rear seat to have new foam and upholstery put on. On my way home from NH today, my truck (2004 ram 1500) started making a horrible rattle....getting off the highway at the first light it stalled....got it to my girlfriends house where it stalled again. Took the risk and drove it home, half way the voltmeter dropped to 0 and the check gauges light came on. Got it in my driveway and it stalled again. It looks like I am going to NAPA tommorrow for a new alternator....figures this goes and my power steering pump is leaking...just a month after the warranty expired :brickwall: :brickwall: If only I had the money Id upgrade the the HD cummins :drool:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
sounds like you made it home....thats good.....just keep dumping money in her......its better then truck payments....i hear ya on the cummins....all my life its been ford ....sorry to say....my 99 f-350 7.3 still burrs but that diesel price blows

Roadcuda

Reaction score
That does stink Collin. It always seems that when you think you can spend money on something you want, something else happens and then you have to spend that money on what has to get done, instead of getting that thing you just want!

Collin

Reaction score
Yeah glad I made it home...traveled the area for 3 hours trying to find a 136 amp alternator for my truck...no luck. Ordered one yesterday and it came this morning, put it in and it runs great. Or at least it should for 168 bucks!! Lifetime warranty makes that a little easier to swallow.

Back