• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

She's finally all mine!

chapdog105

Reaction score
I finally got to bring her home late tonight.
After several last minute issues were resolved, it's so nice to have it home. My final builder did a hell of a job dealing with the issues and getting it done. I'm very happy with the job he did.

I did experience some transmission issues while driving it close to home. It would run fine in first, but when it would shift to second or D, it would actually bog down and I had to stop. I put it back down to first, then to second and it did it again. Then strangely, it just started shifting normal again. I'm sure if I'm experiencing it, it's a common problem. What could it be?

I look forward to getting up in the morning and giving her a nice bath, then taking her around town to show her off all day with my wife. I hope the trans doesn't act up.

Here are some pics from tonight...

RR65.jpg

RR67.jpg

RR64.jpg

RR63.jpg

RR62.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
looks great Alex! hope you get the bugs worked out.

paladin2511

Reaction score
She is a beauty, and there are quirks that come with age. A little TLC and she will be everything you hoped. Congratulations:eagerness:

Smokngun

Reaction score
Nice car, I'd love a convert someday.

On your shifting/transmission issue: Make sure there isn't too much fluid in the trans. This will cause weirder issues than low fluid levels will. If the fluid level is over the valve body of the trans then fluid is getting in places it shouldn't be at given times. With the trans at normal operating temp, set your parking brake or block the wheels. With the car running and the trans in neutral, check the fluid level. If it is any amount OVER the full mark, you have to get some out. It also might just be time to change the trans fluid and filter. Don't forget the drain the torque convertor (should be a little drain plug on the front of it if I recall correctly) and get ALL the old fluid out.

Back